Healing Begins

The male began to open his eyes. He looked around the cabin, not remembering how he got here. He sat up and a cry of pain escaped his lips.

"Sir, I need you to lay back down. You will be in pain for a while but you won't die." Sakura said to him.

Itachi looked at the female and looked her over. He recognized her but just couldn't place where he had seen her before. His onyx eyes glanced to her emerald ones, noting how enchanting they were.

"May I ask you a question, if you don't mind of course." She asked.

He nodded to her.

"How long have you been sick? I noticed your lungs when I healed you. You have fluid build up and a lot of scarring along the membrane." She asked him.

"A few years. It was supposed to have killed me by now, but I found a healer who helped me with medicine and he slowed down the process." He said to her.

"I think I can cure you, if you let me." She said with a smile.

He laughed to himself. Oh, how many times he had heard that before. Medics across the world said the same thing just to get his money. It was all the same outcome, he had remained sick despite their efforts.

"I've heard that before. How much for your services, woman?" He asked sarcastically.

"Allowing me to heal you is all I require. I'm not a bullshit medic, sir." She said to him.

"Obviously you do not know who I am. You should be cowering in fear about now." He said looking at her.

He glanced her over again. Her long pink hair fell over her shoulders and reached down to her hips. Her thin waist and muscular arms told him she was not just a medic, but she didn't wear a headband that showed what village she was from.

"Tell me, where are you from? What is your name?" He asked her curiously.

"Sakura Haruno, I'm from the hidden leaf, but I'm considered a traitor as of yesterday evening right before I found you." She answered him softly as she stared down to her cup.

He smiled at the name. Sakura Haruno, the woman who had surpassed Lady Tsunade in medical skills and strength. She was right about one thing, she was not just a bullshit medic, she was the best.

"Okay, Sakura, if I allow you to help me, it can't be here. One, Anbu will be currently looking for you and I'm guessing we are not far from the village. Two, I wish to be back where I came from." He told her as he put his feet off the bed.

He sat up and looked at her, waiting for a response.

"First, tell me who you are. I can clearly tell you have disguised your face for a reason." She said.

Oh yes, he had disguised himself for a mission. He currently looked like a 70 year old male.

"I can tell you aren't really an old man, sir." She said with a smile.

"As you wish." He said and made some hand signs.

She heard a poof and turned to look at him. Her eyes widened at the sight before her. Itachi Uchiha.

"Are you afraid of me? You, as a traitor to your village, have no reason to be afraid. I do not consider you an enemy. But, I am curious as how that came to be." He said and quirked his eyebrow.

"I massacred half my village. I was tired of being called weak and never given the chance to show them I was no longer that same girl I used to be. I was only strong when they needed me to heal them. I just snapped I guess." She said.

Honestly, he was shocked that a loyal ninja like her could do something as horrible as that. He stood up and placed his cloak on his shoulders and held his hand out for her.

"Let's go, Sakura." He said to her.

She grabbed his hand and stood up.  The healing would begin at his hideout. His physical wounds had been dealt with, but this disease could be difficult, but Sakura never turned down a challenge. Let the healing begin.