Battle of the Brothers

Sasuke smirked as he stood facing his brother. He had waited a long time for this. He had waited so long to end his brothers life.

"You don't deserve me to go easy on you, aniki." Sasuke said slyly.

Itachi smirked and turned to Sakura. He held his arms out for her and she ran into them and buried her face in his chest.

"Please, Itachi don't do this." Sakura begged as tears fell from her eyes and soaked his shirt.

Itachi placed his hand behind her head and her world went dark. He laid her against a tree and faced his brother.

"She will not be interrupting us. Prepare yourself, Sasuke." Itachi said as he drew his katana.

Sasuke smirked and ran towards Itachi and their blades hit. Itachi pushed his forward and Sasuke fell to the ground.

"You have already fallen and I haven't even started." Itachi said with a grin.

Itachi and Sasuke fought for hours. Each landed multiple hits on the other. Sasuke propped himself against a tree and was breathing erratically. He could no longer stand.

"Are you ready to admit you do not hate me enough?" Itachi asked.

"I hate you plenty. I hate you for the death of our clan, including our parents. I hate you for torturing me for years." Sasuke spat, " I do have one question for you. Why did you do it?"

"I did it because I was told too. If not me then it would be someone else. They would've made them suffer. It was quick with me. I had no other choice." Itachi said as he leaned against a tree.

"Why did you spare me?" Sasuke asked.

"You are my brother. I couldn't kill you.  You meant more to me than anyone else in that village. I didn't kill them for power. I didn't kill them because of how I was treated. I had no choice. I am only telling you this because you will be killing me today. It is my punishment for what I have done." Itachi said.

"No, your punishment will be living with what you have done. I will not spare your broken heart." Sasuke said, "Deal with your problems. I will not give you mercy. Live and remember what you have done."

Sasuke disappeared and Itachi fell to the ground. He wanted to escape the pain. He wanted his brother to kill him for what he had done. But, his brother was right. Living with the damage was far greater of a punishment than dying would ever be. He would have to live in pain, the pain of killing everyone he had ever loved.