Can It Be Salvaged

Itachi stood there staring in the direction Sakura ran. He couldn't move or speak.

"Itachi, are you alright? She's gone now. I'll release you from my jutsu now that I did what was needed." Izumi said with a small smile.

Izumi did a small amount of hand signs and released him. He turned to her, his face full of anger. The second he was facing her he smacked her across the face, causing her to fall to the ground. Izumi stared at him with wide eyes.

"What have you done? Do you have any idea what you have caused here?! If I lose her, I will kill you!" Itachi yelled as he ran off to Sakura.

He had vowed to never hit a woman, but Izumi wasn't one in his eyes. A real woman would never have tried to steal someone who wasn't hers.

He ran to the room he shared with Sakura and found her on the bed with her face buried in the pillows.

"Sakura? Let me explain." He begged.

She turned her face to him but said nothing.

"I'm so sorry. She had me in a jutsu. She controlled everything my body did. Please believe me. I love you." He said as he stepped closer to the bed.

Sakura sighed and sat up.

"Do you really expect me to believe something like that?" She asked.

"I'm not lying to you. My love for her died years ago when I thought she was dead. I do not want her. I want you, Sakura." He said as he sat down beside her.

"Make her leave." Sakura said to him, "and I will forget any of this ever happened."

He nodded in agreement and vanished. He appeared in front of Izumi, who was still on the ground.

"Leave." Itachi commanded.

"What?" She asked.

He tightened his fingers into fists.

"Leave! I do not like repeating myself. Leave and never return. I do not wish to ever see your face again." Itachi said to her.

She gazed up at him. She slowly stood up and inched herself closer to him.

"Are you serious?" She asked him.

"Deathly so. If you are not gone in 3 seconds, your life will come to an end right here." He said to her.

Izumi nodded and ran. Itachi sighed a breath of relief and relaxed his shoulders. Hopefully his relationship with Sakura could be salvaged.