Chapter 8

It had been two weeks since Sakura had found Itachi in the woods. She had made great progress in removing the poison from his system, despite his shark friends discomfort. His lungs were clear and healing and his eyes were improving considerably.

"Your chakra is the only thing that still has the poison. I have to remove it soon." Sakura said.

Itachi mumbled under his breath and shivered at the thought. He had never experienced such pain before this. Death seemed a lot easier to him right now.

"Soon, I promise. My body just wants to enjoy not having extreme pain surging thought it for now." He said with a smile.

"Okay, Itachi, if you promise." She said sarcastically.

He chuckled and lead her out into the garden area. Her eyes widened at the extreme beauty at such an evil place. Rose vines covered the gates and Sakura trees scattered across the yard. There were many other plants growing but the trees caught her attention the most.

"It's beautiful out here. I never expected it." She said looking at him.

He blushed lightly and grabbed her hand, leading her to a nearby tree. They sat below the Sakura tree and he glanced to her.

"Honestly, the trees weren't here until a few short years ago. I planted them when I met you for the first time. I never knew why I was so drawn to them then." He said to her.

"Do you now?" She asked.

"They remind me of you. The beauty of them captures yours perfectly. My father always said you were odd, pink hair and green eyes." He said to her, "But, now I can see what a rarity it truly is and it should never be degraded. You are unique, Sakura. Always cherish that, for me."

Sakura's eyes widened at his words. He had never been the kind to express so much. He was always secluded and emotionless. He had never expressed his thoughts on a woman's beauty. But, here he was expressing hers, expressing what he thought of her.

"I am guessing you are surprised at my words. This is the real me, once you get to know me. I am not an emotionless killer like I have made myself be known as, Sakura. I am human, I have feelings. I can attach myself to a person, like I have you. I shouldn't have because of your feelings for my brother. I am sorry if I have overstepped." He said as he looked into her eyes, searching for anything at this moment.

"You haven't overstepped. If anything you have shown me more emotion than your brother ever has. I am nothing more than a tool to regain his clan. I have no other use for him. If not me, he will choose another pawn. I am not a pawn and I refuse to allow myself to be treated as one. Like you said, I am human." She said with a smile.

He smiled at her and gripped her chin. He had no idea what came over him, all he knew is that he had to kiss her. He brought her face to his and placed his lips on hers. She kissed him back almost immediately. He was shocked at her immediate response, half expecting her to pull away or hit him. He slowly pulled from the kiss and smiled.

"Thank you, Sakura. Thank you for allowing me to do this." He said and pulled her into a hug.

She hugged him back and took in the feeling.