Chapter 18

Sakura glared at the crowd staring at her. She could see most of her old friends. Naruto, Sai, Ino, and a face she had never hoped to see, Sasuke Uchiha. They all glared at her with hate and hurt. She tugged at the chains that separated her arms.

Tsunade stepped closer to Sakura, a tear falling down her face.

"Sakura Haruno, for your crimes committed against Konoha, I sentence you to death. You receive no mercy from me or anyone in this village. Your heinous act of treason will not go unpunished." Tsunade said to her and she looked to the crowd, "The elders have chosen a ninja to perform the execution. They wanted her to suffer before her death, as many of our fellow ninjas did before theirs. Sasuke Uchiha,  you wanted a chance to rejoin the village, well here it is."

Sasuke looked up at Tsunade and then back to Sakura. He smirked and stepped up to the platform.

"I am sorry, Sakura. It seems you still haven't changed. You are still as annoying as ever. It will be a pleasure to end you. I had came back to the village in hopes you would still be here waiting for me. I couldn't find you and I was informed of what you had done. Do not think that because I spared my brother that I will spare you as well." Sasuke said as he picked up a Katana.

Sakura looked down at the ground. This was the end. She gripped the chains and sighed.

"Are you scared?" Sasuke asked with a grin.

"I am afraid of no one." Sakura said.

Sasuke smirked and sliced at Sakura's side, causing a huge gash. She screamed and gripped the chains harder.

"You should be. You should be terrified right now." He said as he sliced at her other side, causing her to scream again.

Sakura looked up and noticed the crowd drop to the ground. She gasped as everyone began dropping one by one. She felt a presence behind her but couldn't make herself turn around.

"Sakura....are you alright?" The voice asked from behind her.

She slowly turned her head and gasped. His crimson eyes stared into hers.