Joining

Sakura woke up and felt Itachi's arm wrapped tightly around her waist, holding her close to his body. She smiled and cuddled herself into him.

"Are you awake?" He asked her.

She turned to face him and smiled.

"I am." She replied, " I am as awake as I can possibly get."

He smiled and placed his hand on her cheek. She looked so adorable when she wakes up. He loved her messy hair and sleepy eyes.

"I will go get breakfast. Stay here." He commanded as he rose from the bed and tossed clothes on his naked form.

She nodded and covered herself back up. He left the room and walked to the kitchen.

"You have claimed the worthless woman, have you not?" Hidan asked as he leaned across the counter.

Itachi growled and walked to the fridge. He didn't understand Hidan's weird fascination with his blossom.

"What I do with her is none of your concern. Do not ask me about her again." Itachi spat as he began preparing pancakes.

"I do not need to ask. Everyone heard her last night and the way your hair looks now says it all." Hidan said as he walked towards Itachi, "She's lucky she's with you and not me. She wouldn't have even woken up this morning. She's worthless. You should dispose of her."

Itachi growled and his anger took control of him. No one, NO ONE, would speak of Sakura in that manner. He turned to Hidan and his hands circled his neck and he lifted him from the ground.

"She has more worth than you could possibly understand. She is the top medic that is in existence. She could crush your bones with her bare fists. She is the student of Sannin Tsunade. Do not say she is worthless when you have seen nothing that she can do." Itachi said as he released Hidan.

Hidan coughed and caught his breath and his eyes met Itachi's.

"If she has so much worth, why hasn't she joined us? What haven't you asked her? Hell, why hasn't our own leader asked her?" He asked Itachi.

"I will ask her when she's ready." Itachi said and walked back to his room, pancakes in hand.

Sakura walked away from the door. She had heard their entire conversation. If joining the Akatsuki would mean she could stay with Itachi, she would do it. The door opened and Sakura turned to face Itachi.

"I want to join, Itachi. I am ready." She said to him.

His eyes widened and he dropped the pancakes and the plate shattered.

"What?" He asked her.