Chapter 16

Sakura stared at Itachi, hoping he would approve of her choice. She knew she would have to join the organization to stay here with him. Their leader would eventually make her leave. No outsiders were allowed her, and as of right now, she was an outsider.

"Itachi?" Sakura asked.

He didn't respond. He just stared at the ground, clinching his fists.

"Are you sure? You have to be absolutely sure. Once you join, you can never leave. You are selling yourself to them. You are selling your very being to this organization. There's no going back, Sakura." He explained.

"I know that. I know that I can never go back. I am sure. I am absolutely sure." She said with a smile.

He sighed and looked up at her. She was too happy to be doing this. He had regretted his choice ever since he had agreed. He no longer wanted to be here, but he didn't have a choice.

"Another thing, if you say yes, we can never have a family. No children could become of us. No marriage. You could never have what you have always wanted." He said to her.

She was speechless. She had never expected that. She had always wanted a family. To settle down and raise children.

"I understand." She said, "If not having a family means I can stay here with you, I will agree. I refuse to leave here without you."

"Follow me." Itachi said.

Itachi led her down a dark hallway. She had never been this way before. Itachi knocked on the door. He turned the handle and ushered her inside. He closed the door behind her.

"Hello, Sakura. Please come closer." A voice said to her.

She followed the voice to the very end of the room. A man was sitting in the chair. His orange spiky hair shined in the soft glow of the moon. His purple eyes stared into hers. The piercings on her face chilled her core. His chakra frightened her, she had never felt one so strong.

"I have been informed you would like to join, is that correct?" He asked.

She nodded. Words refused to leave her throat. The mans features left her speechless.

"You have no reason to fear me, blossom. I will not hurt you. You understand there is no leaving?" He asked.

"Y..yes. I understand. There's also no families created, correct?" She asked him.

"I never made that a rule. You can have children, it's just not really a smart idea. I know who told you that. Itachi, am I right?" He asked her as he stood up and walked to her.

She cowered as he stepped in front of her. He chuckled and and made her stand straight.

"He doesn't want a family in this place. He may allow you to be with him, sleep in his bed and such. But he will not allow anything more. He will be possessive and never let another man touch you, but you will never truly be his. You will never be a couple here, he wouldn't allow it. He just doesn't want to tell you this. I believe he loves you, but he understands those feelings get in the way. They hinder our true power. They put you in danger on missions." He explained to her.

She gasped at his words. So, she would never be anything more to Itachi than a plaything? Sakura felt like a fool. She had believed every lie.

"I would be nothing more than a plaything?" She asked.

He nodded and stepped back to where he was.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" He asked her.

"I do not. Thank you for telling me and I am sorry for wasting your time. I will leave as soon as possible." She said and she left the room.

She ran past Itachi and ran out the door. She ran and ran until her legs gave out. She wouldn't allow herself to be like that. She sat on the ground and bursted into tears. She could no longer hold back her emotions. She was hurt.

To Itachi

Itachi bursted into Peins room.

"What the hell did you say to her?!" He yelled.

"I said what you refused too. You would never allow yourself to be with her. I explained exactly that and she chose to no longer be here." He said.

"Fuck! I have to find her. You had no right to tell her that! Do you even know if I felt that towards her? Do you know if I wanted to be with her? You didn't! You know nothing!" He yelled as he ran to find Sakura.