Chapter 6

Sakura woke up and sat up in the bed. She grabbed her head when a rush of pain smacked her hard. She groaned and stood up out of bed.

'What the hell happened?' She asked herself.

Sakura grabbed a pair of shorts and a baggy black shirt and opened the door. She could hear the faint laughter of what sounded like Itachi and a voice she recognized.

Sakura walked into the living room and stood in the doorway watching the two men. They were laughing and chatting up a storm. She smiled as she watched them. For some reason, seeing one person in particular being happy, had brought her so much joy.

'What is wrong with you? He's an enemy!' Her inner screamed.

'He is no longer an enemy. I saved his life.' Sakura said to her inner.

She looked to Itachi and smiled to herself. She hadn't caught him looking at her and smiling to her.

"Sakura? Are you feeling alright?" Itachi asked her.

Sakura jumped at his words at looked to him. His face had worry painted all over it.

"I'm fine, Itachi. Thank you for asking. But, how are you? I never got to finish what I was doing." She said as she glanced to Kisame.

Itachi smiled and elbowed his friend hard.

"Ow! What the hell, Uchiha?" Kisame asked.

Itachi pointed to Sakura and she head Kisame growl.

"I believe you owe this woman an apology, sharky. Better make it a good one, that is if you wish to live past right now." Itachi said as he scowled at his friend.

Kisame stood up and walked to Sakura. Without paying any attention, she backed herself to the wall.

"I am deeply sorry, pinky. I guess I'm just a bit protective over his ass." Kisame said with a genuine smile on his face.

She nodded and smiled back at him. She glanced at Itachi and noticed him patting the spot beside him, motioning her to sit beside him.

"Please, sit with me. You can even check and see if everything is well with me. We would love to hear how exactly you had came across me in the forest." Itachi said to her.

Sakura smiled and sat down beside the man. Sakura put her hands against his chest and pushed chakra into him. His lungs were healing and so was everything else, but the poison was still lingering in his body.

"I will have to extract the poison soon. If I don't, you will have another spell." Sakura said to him.

"Tomorrow. Right now I just want to enjoy this." He said as he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer to him, "thank you for helping me, Sakura."