Chapter 23

I clipped the my bracelet around my wrist, listening to it cling together like chimes, before wandering back to the bathroom where Casey was blow drying her wet hair from the shower she had taken after we arrived.  I snuck in beside her and finished up the last bits of make up, topping off the look with vibrant red lip stick. 

"I think I'm finished" Casey smiled, fluffing her now dry, wavey hair happily. 

"Sweet" I beamed. 

"I'll call us a cab" she added before disappearing from the bathroom. I was still fighting on whether I should continue with the dress I was wearing or switch to a pair of pants. The deliberation was cut short when Casey popped her head back into the bathroom. "Is this Harry's phone?" she questioned, holding it up for me too see.. I groaned and nodded. 

"Yeah, he must have forgotten it" I mumbled, taking the iPhone and shoving it into my purse "We'll drop it off for him on our way to Lucky's" 

Casey nodded and disappeared again, leaving me to quit staring at myself in the mirror and follow her. After grabbing my shoes and El's necklace I borrowed last week, Casey and I were already heading out the door. The cab was already patiently waiting for us when we walked out. I told the driver the address of Harry's gym and ten minutes later we were at the doors. 

"I'll be right back" I grabbed Harry's cell from my purse and exited the cab. Well aware the stares I'd get for wearing a skin tight black dress into a gym with 3inch heels to match but I didn't need Harry freaking out when he got home to find I wasn't there. But with how he's been acting lately, I guess I'd be surprised if he even noticed I was gone. 

I nodded my head towards the receptionist at the front, he knew me well from when Harry and I first started dating. I was here all the time watching him fight and train but now I hadn't stepped foot here for a while. my steps slowed as I neared the boxing ring. Levy was stood on the outside while Harry and someone much larger than him fought inside the ring. 

"Come on kid! Hand's up! What are you doing?" the elder man shouted, looking as if he was ready to chuck his water bottle at Harry's head. 

The two men tested each other routinely, each of them jabbing back and forth, attempting a real hit every now and again. I felt my breath hitch in my throat as Harry took a powerful hit to the gut and stumbled back words. His opponent advanced on him then, just as Harry slumped against the ropes, and raised a fist, ready to hit. 

"Time" Levy called, I breathed normally again as the stranger walked away. "Thanks Jim!" the other man nodded towards Levy before exiting the space and the older man walked to Harry's side. "I told you to block him" he sighed, pulling Harry up by the arm and draping it over his shoulder to walk him to the seat in the corner. 

"Yeah, I heard" Harry snapped, dumping himself on the chair and looking up. A look of pain crossed his features as he clutched his torso, Levy went on talking about things he needs to work on again and Harry nodded his head routinely. His eyes wandering around the room until the landed on me. 

"What are you doing here?" Levy's head turned towards me at the sound of Harry's words. A friendly smile reaching his face immediately.