Chapter 25

Everything went in slow motion as I turned around. Our- My friends had all been staring at us from the moment I left the dance floor. My eyes opened and closed, blinking away the tears as they rolled down my heated cheeks. My hands clasped themselves together in front of me, gripping tightly onto my ring. I could see Liam running towards me but my mind was still stuck in a daze, how could I do that? How could he let me do that.

But it didn't matter now because Liam had me by the shoulders, speaking words I couldn't hear because my heart was thumping too loudly in my ears. It was like a faint humming was surrounding me, all the chatter and music downing out everything I was feeling. I felt sort of dumb, like what just happened wasn't real. But the burning sensation on my lips told me all I had said was true. I just wanted to sew my mouth shut and never open it again. 

"Cryssy! Answer babe, you're scaring me!" My gaze fixed back on Liam and instantly I wanted to cry again. His large brown eyes scanned mine as he squeezed gently at my shoulders. "what happened?"

"I-I just broke up with Harry" I croaked, wishing it wasn't real. But I knew it was only a matter of time before the inevitable happened. Harry didn't love me anymore and I could feel it. 

"What?"

I shook my head at him, refusing to answer and snapping my eyes shut. I brought my hands up to cover my face, hopping to block out the sound of my pathetic sobbing. Liam's arms encircled me like a snake with prey, constricting me tightly so I was pressed against his body, feeling his beating heart next to mine. 

"Shhh, shhh. It's alright" he whispered. I wasn't sure how long he let us stand there, waving off our friends who came to ask what happened and just comforting me. When I could finally breath at a steady pace Liam sat me in a nearby booth and handed me a shot. "Best way to subdue the pain for now" he half smiled. I was a bit surprised considering Liam wasn't a fan of drinking but took the liquor anyways. The burning in my throat did help take away from the burning in my chest. "Do you need someone to stay with for a bit love? I know you were living with Harry and my place is always open if you need it" he assured me, rubbing my arm carefully. 

"Nono, I don't want to burden you Li. I'll stay at a hotel or at Nina's or something" I mumbled.

"Well you are for tonight at least, I'll take care of you for old times sake yeah?" he smiled. 

I bowed my head and shook it slowly, "your too sweet to me Li." 

"I'm too sweet to everyone, it's why people love me" he winked, bumping shoulders with me now. "I'll help you get whatever you want too, if that is you still even feel this way about Harry in the morning" he added. 

I nodded, wondering if I'd feel the same. Either way I knew Harry was probably angry with me now. I doubt it would matter what I say tomorrow but I don't plan on seeing him anyhow.  

 After comforting me awhile longer Li excused himself to use the loo. No 2 minutes after he had gone Louis appeared with a tray full of shots. "Though you may like to have a few" he winked, placing a couple on the table in front of me. The nervousness in which he moved and the falseness of his smile proved to me, Liam had told Louis what happened. This was likely his attempt to help me feel better while Liam told the rest of them. Probably not the smartest of plans by the two boys.