Chapter 13

Louis' P.O.V.

I had yet to get a lick of sleep. I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror and you could see it in my face. No matter of how much freezing cold water I splashed against my skin could make me look any less dead. The dark bags beneath my eyes and crazy fluff of my bed hair could easily tell you how tired I was now. But every time I began to fall asleep I'd think I heard Cryssy move, or her heart monitor stop. I know the doctor said she'd be fine but nothing could stop the fretfulness in me now. Cryssy was one of my closest friends, almost a little sister to me and I saw her lying on her deathbed just a few hours ago. Every time I closed my eyes I saw her on the bathroom floor again, gasping for air. It was like a terrible nightmare I couldn't stop. And when I opened my eyes again finding her in the hospital bed didn't help at all, it just proved all that happened tonight was real. The only thing keeping me moderately sane was that I had gotten to her in time thanks to Harry...and that i found her and he didn't. Something that Cryssy said earlier about  not letting him lose anyone else, it made me wonder who and if she was driven to this extent to keep it from him, maybe it was best only I find out and help her. 

I palmed my eyes once more and took a single last glance in the mirror. The florescent lighting only amplifying the paleness of my skin. I looked a wreck but it was for the better. My shoes made soft padding noises against the tile as I walked over to Cryssy's bed. They had changed her room around 9am this morning. It was rather plain but a room all for her. Her bed was to the left and across from it on the right wall was a couch, when you first entered a window was just across from you to help lighten the gloomy room. It wasn't a beautiful view but a better room all together for her. 

The chair creaked as I took a seat, pulling the cheap plastic up to the bed and once again I grabbed Cryssy's fragile hand. A sad smile falling on my lips as I watched her sleep. I was glad I could be here with her for now, i was loosing vacation time at work but I didn't give a damn. I promised Cryssy I'd always be there and I promised Harry I'd protect her and so I will. 

By 9:30 Harry finally called, it took me a minute to brave up and answer. I wasn't about to tell him about the baby until he got here, maybe seeing Cryssy in this state would calm him.."Hello?"

"What hospital" he demanded immediately. 

"Royal London Hospital" I replied with a low sigh. The line went dead as I guessed it would and I placed the mobile on the table. He'd be here soon, I knew that. Even if he had to go through a blizzard that boy would be here within the hour. I felt bad knowing Harry had just lost his chance at a family. I know the doctor said they'll try to save the baby but I just don't see it happening. It was born 3 months too early...

The door of the room crept open a few minutes later, one of the many nurses in this wing of the hospital entered the room. She was noticeably chubby around the middle of her white dress, but her face held a genuine smile on her plump face as she checked Cryssy's machines and placed two pills in a small plastic cup on her night stand. "She's on a heavy sedative at the moment so when she wakes give her these for the pain" I nodded, my eyes scanning over her name tag as I she set them down.

"Thank you Mary"

"Of course" she continued to smile. The lady nodded again before heading out and it gave me some peace to know everything was working properly for Cryssy while she slept. I crossed my arms on her sheets and let my head roll onto them, hoping to just relax a moment before Harry came. He'd make a scene about it, yell at me for awhile and take it out on us. But everybody grieves differently, some with violence and yelling like Harry or silent sadness like Cryssy.