Chapter 11- A Whisper

Photo :  Screen grab from Imagine You and Me DVD Version

Hi my dears, I have one question for you: If you had questions about someone you love, would you let those questions get in the way of loving that person? Would you step back or wear your heart on your sleeve and love the person anyway? It's so difficult to be rational when you're in love.  Even the most intelligent people fall apart when they fall for someone.  And this is what Richard goes through when he ponders over his relationship.  

This is a light and feel good chapter, to  make up for the past two heavy chapters we went through. Emotional chapters will follow this so please stay strong, haha. I hope you won't hate me in the chapters to follow, remember, fiction lang ito, ok?

Enjoy this chapter, beshies and please show your love by commenting below :)

Night turns to day and I still have these questions
You just won't break, should I go forwards or backwards
Night turns to day and I've still got no answers
Just a whisper, whisper, whisper, whisper  

Richard pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes to rest them for a few seconds. They have been in this editing room for four hours now, finishing up on a music video that was due for launching in three days. He checked his phone for any messages or calls from Nicole and found none.

It's been ten days (and who said he was counting) since the last time he was with Nicole. Seeing her in Kyle's arms after they had just spent an intimate weekend made him take a step back from the relationship to think really hard where he wanted to take it. He knew he was in love with her, and from the way she responded to him during their intimacies, he knew she also reciprocated his feelings.

But what was the meaning of her closeness to Kyle? He was much older, and he knew their relationship wasn't sexual, because the blood stains in the bedsheet the morning after they made love was proof of Nicole's innocence. He didn't know Kyle that well, but they moved in the same circles and Rhichard heard talks about him. He heard Kyle had a really young business partner who also lived with him, one of his former students at the university.

His work prevented him from spending time with her lately. He tried calling her but she didn't respond, merely texting him that she was busy. He wondered if she was avoiding him, if perhaps she regretted being intimate with him. Unable to stand missing her any longer, he called her number. She picked up after five rings.

"Jay?" Her voice sounded husky and sleepy, and it turned him on. It was pathetic how merely hearing her say his name gave him a hard on.

"Sweetie......did I wake you?"

"I'm actually working, just took a quick doze. Are you working also?"

"Yeah. My eyes hurt."

"Poor baby."

"I miss you, honey."

She didn't respond, but he heard her sigh. It reminded him of her sighs when they made love two weeks ago, and a sharp pang of separation anxiety hit him.

"Where are you?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I want to see you. Please? Quick lang, kahit one hour lang."

"I don't know Jay...."

"Don't you miss me?"

"I do. But.....we're both working."