Chapter 35 - Life in Technicolor ii

SPG ALERT!

Mga beshies! This is the time we have been waiting for! We want them to be together, to make love, to be happy. Heto na, here is that time when things fall into place.

Originally, on the first night they are they were supposed to just sleep together (at least yun ang balak ko) but it seems the characters have minds of their own, ayaw paawat. So here, jetlag be damned, they can't get enough of each other.

Have fun with this chapter, may konti pang selos factor, hehe. I would love to read what you think of their, ahem, reunion. Sorry for the typos, I was so excited to post, bo time to edit. Sorry na :)

Oh love don't let me go 

Won't you take me where the streetlights glow

I could hear it coming

Like a serenade of sound

Now my feet won't touch the ground

Gravity release me,

And don't ever hold me down

Now my feet won't touch the ground.

The weeks passed by quickly and mercifully for Maine. By December, her second month in London, all her rewrites were done, and her book was now undergoing the layout process. She started working on her second book, a sequel to Forced Coincidence. Driven by the desire to go home to Richard and Celeste, she concentrated on her work without letting distractions get in the way.

Some of the writers have gone back to their home countries for the holidays but Maine chose to stay and finish her work. Apart from being too costly to go to Manila then back to London, she felt once she was back in Manila it would be so difficult to motivate herself to go back to London. Coming to London on her own, fending for herself and pursuing her dream to be a writer did not turn out to the way she imagined it to be.

Although the rewards were good, they were not good enough to sacrifice time away from family. What she earned so far she could earn in Manila without having to suffer separation anxiety from Richard and Celeste. The thrill of being published lost its appeal when she realized that it wasn't as important as it used to be. She was thankful for the opportunity though, and it would be what if scratched off her list, now that she got to experience it.

It was two days before Christmas, and she was feeling homesick all the more. There was nothing like Christmas in the Philippines, and this year she would be spending Christmas alone in her flat, probably watching an old movie on TV and sipping egg nog. She already purchased gifts for Richard and Celeste; a Breitling Colt 44 watch for Richard and earrings for Celeste.

It was already 8:30 in the evening as she shut down her laptop, tired but happy with the output of her effort for the past few days. The video of Nicole inspired her, it was like a life force that spurred her into action. She took a quick shower and dressed for bedtime. Suddenly, her phone vibrated. She checked to see a Viber call message from Richard.

"Hi babe, still awake?"

"Yes, it's not too late pa naman here, why?"

"I have a friend who's there now. I sent him your Christmas gift, kaso he's traveling tomorrow and can give you the gift tonight only."