Chapter 31 - Bigger, Stronger

Good morning friends, hope you slept well :)

I mentioned a while back about Richard's redemption and this is where it will start.  I don't know if you've ever had the feeling that you want purpose in your life, that merely working for a living is not enough anymore. It's that feeling you get when you need more reasons to do what you're doing and soul search to find the answer.

Richard, being the kind soul that he is, experiences this. Without Maine, he needs to find something else to channel his energies on, so that he can deal with missing her. It is also his desire to be worthy of her, to make up for his past mistakes.

Please read on and find out if Richard found an answer to his soul searching, and how this chapter is the start of his self-improvement. I hope you will like this as much as the previous chapter. Many thanks for the nice comments, hope to get the same for this :) 

  I wanna be bigger, stronger, drive a faster car
At the touch of a button
I can go anywhere I wanna go
And drive around my faster car
I will settle for nothing less

I think I want to change my altitude
I think I want to change my oxygen
I think I want to change my air
My atmosphere
I wanna recharge  

The next two weeks were busy for Maine. She requested for a soft copy of the contracts with the literary agent, the publisher, and even the lease of a flat she would be staying in, for Richard's lawyer to review. She and Richard shopped for clothes, shoes, and medicines. He accompanied her to the embassy and waited till she gave the good news that her visa was already granted.

They agreed that Yaya Pearl would stay with Richard for the whole duration of Maine's stay in the UK. This would allow his mom to go back to Australia and just come back again to Manila after a few months. They spent as much time as they could together, with Maine sometimes sleeping over because even Celeste seemed to feel she was leaving soon. The baby cries whenever Maine attempts to put her down, making it necessary for Maine to spend the night.

Like one family they would sleep in one bed with Celeste in between them, their hands joined. Celeste usually wakes up first around 3:00 in the morning, tapping either of their faces as she smiles at them. After Celeste's morning feed, she goes to sleep again in her crib. It is moments that she sleeps that Maine looks forward to, because it is at that moment that she goes back to sleep in Richard' arms.

Sometimes, when he thinks she's already fast asleep, Richard hugs her close and kisses her forehead. These are moments when she knows he will miss her, and he holds her close to stock up on moments he can look back to. With only two nights before she leaves, she makes known she is awake and stirs in his arms. She notices he's crying and wipes away his tears, kissing both his cheeks and hugging his head against her chest.

"You want me to cancel my trip?"

"No, don't. Nagsi-sink in na sakin how long you'll be gone, that's all. But please, pursue this. I don't want you to have what if moments later on, when we're married na."

She smiled at him. "You had me at 'when we're married na' babe."

"You like that? Do you ever imagine what it will be like when we get married?"

"I do. I know we will be so happy together. I want to have your babies. Madami. Mga four."

"Four lang?"