Chapter 18 - Gravity

WARNING : SPG CONTENT

Hello...hello! Here's the much-awaited continuation of the past chapter where Richard finally admits his feelings for Maine. I'm sure you're wondering if she accepted his feelings or not. We all know she has feelings for him too, but she also has her sister to consider. 

I want you to enjoy this chapter and picked a really nice song from Coldplay for this. I suggest you play the song on loop while reading, I swear it's going to make the experience soooo worth it. For those who haven't noticed, each chapter's title in this story is actually a Coldplay song, hence the videos included. The lyrics of the song I pick are usually related to the chapter's highlights.

Well, 'nuff said. I hope you enjoy this chapter and send the usual love. Can't believe we're growing so fast my dears, thank you for sharing snippets of the story on Twitter. By the way, when I checked my demographic stats, I discovered that only 51% of my readership is in the Philippines, and almost half is from overseas! Whether you're here or abroad, MARAMING SALAMAT for reading, BIG LOVE to all of you :)

It's been a long time coming
Such a long, long time
And I can't stop running
Such a long, long time
Can you hear my heart beating?
Can you hear that sound?
'Cause I can't help thinking
And I won't stop now

And then I looked up at the sun
And I could see
Oh, the way that gravity pulls on you and me
And then I looked up at the sky
And saw the sun
And the way that gravity pushes on everyone
On everyone  

"Don't be. I hoped it was you. I love you Maine."

He wrapped his arms around her, feeling the happiness creep into his heart again. It took a while for him to find her, to get the truth out but he finally did and now they were together, the way it should have been.

"Jay, there are so many things we still need to talk about."

"I know. Let's leave, we can talk somewhere."

He ushered her to the car and went back to pay for their bill. Maine tried to relax, to ease the beating of her heart. It was hard to believe but Richard just admitted that it was she that he loved. For the first time, someone chose her over her sister. It was difficult to believe someone would prefer her over her sister, when she was the socially awkward one. It was amazing that he overlooked what she and her sister did to him, and revealed his feelings to her even before finding out the whole story. He was a man with a good heart.

He was back in a few minutes, seated himself and closed his eyes, slumped against the wheel. For a moment, Maine wondered if he was unwell, it was like he was composing himself from too much emotion. He raised his head and looked at her, running the back of his hand against her cheek.

In an uncharacteristic move, she leans over to press her lips against his, her hands holding his face gently, caressing his cheek, his jaw, deepening the kiss when his tongue meets hers. Their tongues swirl against each other, and Richard's hand travels up underneath her lacy top, sliding her strapless bra down and palming her breast.

"Jay............."

She whispers his name against his ear, her breath fanning his cheek. His thumb flicks at the pebbled tip of her breast, making her arch her body towards him. He buries his lips at the crook of her neck, nipping at the scented skin, small, delicious bites that make her shiver, goosebumps rising on her smooth bare arms. He reluctantly lifts his head, his heavy-lidded eyes gaze at hers, while his thumb gently skims her mouth swollen with his kisses.