Chapter 43 - Fix You

Surprise update! Wow, so many reacted and it was so inspiring that I got down to writing a follow up. I found it funny na some took it against Richard that he had a girlfriend in the past na umabot ng five years at baka naanakan pa niya. I love how some analyzed it and knew deep down that I would always let the good triumph, salamat sa tiwala :)

Thank you for the emotional investment in my story. I love how you are all vocal, nakakataba ng puso pag maraming comments, lalo na yung mahahaba, kahit pa negative, I love feedback.  I also enjoy it when my story challenges your beliefs and moral fiber,  and how we can have an intellectual discussion, disagree without getting vulgar. Kudos beshies :) 

Enjoy this chapter friends, thank you for the response. Hope this chapter clears the grey areas :) 

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you  

If there's one thing Maine learned from her life experiences, it's to face her problems bravely rather than avoid reality and get hurt later. Gone were the times when she would retreat to a corner and cry. She knew Richard was dying to know if the kid was his, but out of respect for her feelings, he chose not to seek closure with Danica. So Maine was taking the matter into her own hands. She contacted Danica for a meeting, just the two of them. She was going to get to the bottom of everything, for her peace of mind and Richard's.

Maine saw her waiting outside the coffee shop, there were no tables available for them. Upon seeing Danica, she had to stop and laugh. They were both wearing stripes. Danica laughed with her.

"We have to stop meeting like this. Stripes talaga, pareho."

"Great minds think alike," Said Maine with a wink and they high-fived. It was the perfect ice-breaker. They agreed for one of them to find a table while another bought their coffee. Danica bought the coffee while Maine was able to get a table they shared with two girls who were just chatting but finished their drinks already. They finally took the hint to leave when Danica arrived with their drinks.

"Danica, thanks for coming. I know we don't know each other well, and this is not a teleserye where we'll get into hysterics. I just want to do this for peace of mind. Not only mine but RJ's as well."

"I was actually expecting this, Maine. But I was expecting it from him, not you. I guess he's still mad at me, huh?"

"Dani, I have a feeling he wants the closure but thinks too much of how it will affect me and my pregnancy. I'm twelve weeks pregnant, I had spotting recently that's why we're extra careful."

"Maine, you have nothing to worry about. The boy is not RJ's son."

"Wait, what? But the timing—"

"I know. If you compute the timing it would seem like the baby is his. When we separated, I was six weeks pregnant, and I wanted to terminate the pregnancy. We lasted five years together practicing safe sex, I had so many dreams and I will admit I was selfish, I never thought of how my dreams and ambitions would affect him. I was on the pill and we used prophylactics too, that was how careful I was."