The love they were looking for

"Brandon!" Callie screamed. She ran into the house looking around frantically. She didn't see him, "Brandon!"

Brandon came running in, "Callie! Baby what's wrong?!" He ran to her looking over her for signs of injury. All he saw were tears streaming down her face, "I need you to tell me what's wrong."

"H-he was at the school!" She cried.

"Who, Cal?! Who was at the school?!" Brandon stared into her eyes.

"M-my dad!" Callie cried. Brandon pulled her I to a hug and she clutched onto him for dear life.

"Ssh... ssh baby... it'll be ok. I promise," Brandon soothed.

"B-but he was there. He s-saw me. He saw Jude. W-what if he comes again?" Tears flowed freely.

"He's not going to Cal. I'll make sure he doesn't. Mom can get you a restraining order," Brandon promised into her hair. He felt Callie nod against his chest.

"Ok," she took a shaky breath. He carried her upstairs and to their room. They lied down on his bed and they fell asleep.

~~~3hours later~~~

Callie and Brandon woke up to Stef calling them downstairs for dinner. "Cal, are you ok?" Brandon asked as they got up.

"Kinda," she said. He wrapped an arm around her stomach and she rested her head on his shoulder.

When they got downstairs Stef asked, "Callie honey why are your eyes red? Were you crying?"

"Uh ya," Callie sat down.

"Why, sweets?" A look of worry creased Stef's face.

"Brandon?" Callie silently begged him to tell her.

"Uh mom... Callie saw her dad outside the school today," Brandon said keeping his arm secure on her waist. Stef froze, Lena looked up from finishing dinner, Jesus coughed on his drink, Mariana looked shocked, and Jude dropped his fork. Callie just sat there letting tears flow. Brandon pulled her into his lap and let her cry.

"What?!" Stef exclaimed, "I'm calling the station and getting everyone restraining orders!"

~~~the next morning (Saturday)~~~

Callie woke up at 9:00 but didn't open her eyes. She didn't want to wake up because waking up means talking about her dad. She just snuggled closer to Brandon and felt his arm tighten around her waist.

Brandon eventually woke up looked down at Callie. Her eyes were closed but he knew she was awake. He didn't say anything though. He just laid his head down and closed his eyes.

Jude was awake in bed just thinking about yesterday's events. He couldn't believe his dad acually had the nerve to come near them again. He hated his father.

Jesus saw Jude rolling around in bed. He himself was trying to fall back to sleep but he couldn't wrap his head around everything. He knew he wouldn't lose the new additions to the Foster family but still.

Marina lay awake. It was one of those rare moments where she wished she still shared a room with Callie. As much as she loved her space she missed being able to talk to her when she needed to.

Stef never went to bed. She stayed up all night trying to figure out the entire situation. She knew the kids couldn't be taken away but that man wasn't aloud near her kids. She would make sure of that.

Lena knew Stef never came to bed. She had a hard time sleeping without her wife. She also had a problem getting yesterday's events to make sense.

The Foster family eventually met downstairs and ate breakfast waiting until after to talk.