20? Remember Me?

We've been staring at two guys for almost three hours now. They woke up for a bit a short while ago and Chanyeol was overjoyed. I was happy for him too. They look peaceful now. I lie my hand on Chanyeol's shoulder to get his attention.
'You should sleep too,' I tell him, 'I'll go see if I can get a nurse to fix you a bed close by okay?' He nods and watches me leave. I go over to the front desk and discuss the matter. They decide to move a third bed into the room so that Chanyeol can sleep with his friends. When the bed is moved there, Chanyeol pulls me into a tight hug.
'Thank you for being here,' he whispers.
'No problem,' I reply with a smile.
'You should go home though,' he tells me when he lets go, 'this is my problem. Not yours. I really appreciate it that you came with me, but you must have your own life too. I don't want you going out of your way for someone you barely know.'
'It's fine really, but I'll leave. It's probably best if you have some time to process this on your own as well. I'll come check on you tomorrow,' I say and leave the room.

Message: Yixing to Mali
"When and where should I pick you up?"

Message: Mali to Yixing
"Could you pick me up from the hospital now?"

Message: Yixing to Mali
"Are you hurt?!"
"I'm coming right now!"
"Where are you hurt?"
"Never mind, don't tell me, I don't want to worry more."

Message: Mali to Yixing
"I'm fine."

A car stops in front of the hospital. I can see Yixing get out in a hurry and run over to me to embrace me tightly.
'Where are you hurt? What did you do?' he asks with worry written all over his face.
'I'm fine. I was here to support a friend.' He laughs at his own worries and playfully pushes me.
'Ah wae~!' I whine trying to regain my balance.
'Ya! You had me worried,' he says. 'Now. Movie?' I nod and follow him to his car.

'I should go, my brother will worry,' I tell Yixing after the movie, but he pulls me back into his arms.
'It's almost one am. You shouldn't go onto the streets this late,' he tells me and cuddles up against me. Our eyes meet, a spark, we get closer. His hand reaches for my cheek. Our lips meet, fireworks, a first kiss that takes way too long. It doesn't feel like a first kiss. When we pull away he looks like he's just seen a ghost.
'Are you okay?' I ask him a bit worried.
'Yeah, perfectly fine.' he says and smiles at me. His dimples take all my worries away, but not my doubts.
The clock hits 2am and we're still talking.
'Do you have a nickname?' I ask him. Don't even question how we came to the topic, we just did.
'I used to, but my friends don't use it anymore,' he explains.
'What is it?' I ask eagerly.
'What's yours?'
'Baby, now tell me.'
'People call you baby?'
'Don't avoid the subject,' I whine at him.
'Fine, it's Lay.' A weird feeling washes over me. Like part of my memories just woke up and decided to play along. Lay. I love Lay. I saved him on the beach with Chen. Chen looks an awful lot like Jongdae who is in the hospital. Chanyeol, I went with him to the hospital and he gave me and Floyd information about Seoul when the barricade showed up. Is there still a barricade? Does everyone else remember? Why doesn't anyone remember? THE FOG! It's the fog. The fog makes you forget. Wait, why am I friends with BTS? They're supposed to be famous, not baristas. Where are D.O, Kai, Sehun and Suho?
'You remember too, don't you?' Yixing asks me. I nod.
'It's the fog,' I say softly and feel a tear roll down my cheek. 'We didn't do it Yixing, we didn't stop them,' I cry out. His arms wrap around me to calm me down.
'I know jagi, I know.'
'What do we do now? No one remembers.'
'We should find everyone and make them remember,' he says as if it is the simplest thing in the world.
'How? We don't even know where some of them are,' I cry out.
'You don't, I do. I know D.O works as a chef in a restaurant close to the cafe, Kai works in that same restaurant as a bartender, Sehun is in college and Suho owns the big building in the middle of the city,' he tells me, 'and we both know where Xiumin is, Xiumin knows where Luhan is, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Chen come to the cafe often and I'm right here.'
'What about Jimin? He has it too,' I tell him.
'We could try, but we can't be sure about him,' Yixing says.
'We can go to the hospital tomorrow morning to the Beagles.'
'They are the people in the hospital?' Yixing asks with big eyes. I nod with a smile, tears still streaming down my face.
'Lay, I missed you so much,' I tell him. My voice cracks multiple times while I speak. It's like I was asleep the past weeks. Things just went their way, but I felt numb and only started to live up when I saw Yixing again.
'Please call me Yixing,' he tells me. My eyes widen in surprise. To me, real names are still such a big thing, and suddenly I realize I hadn't known my own name while I was numb.
'Than you should call me Jihye,' I tell him and suddenly a light goes on in my head. 'I might know how to make Xiumin and Luhan remember.'
'We should go to them first then.'