Dilemma

My last day at work, it felt a little unreal to me. August was coming in today to record part of a song he's featuring in. Uncle Dre said I'm still welcome to come by the studio at any time I wanted.

"If you ever want to sing on a track, just let me know." He said more than once.

I sat down next to Junior, who was on the phone with his girlfriend, saying all these cheesy things like he's twelve and no twenty two. I rolled my eyes as he goo goo'ed and fancied over his girl of one week, calling her baby and love button. It made me sick. Also happy that my boyfriend didn't do that.

And, ah yes.. The moment Jeremy's face pops up in my mind, in walls August. Black ray bands, a white Versace shirt and black jeans. I didn't care to notice what shoes he was wearing.

He smiled over at me, then walked past me to Uncle Dre and his new assistant Leon, who had a slight lisp and beautiful blue eyes, what a combination.

Junior nudged my arm. I asked him why he did that.

"I knew you liked him." He shook his head.

'Wait what?! No... I'm in a-"

"Just admit it! Your face turned bright red when he walked in. You damn near fainted!" He laughed. "He a handsome guy I guess, girls be all over him."

"He's more then handsome." I said under my breath.

"He talks about you allllllllll the time too." Junior winked. "He likes you.. I know that for sure."

"Stop it Junior." I rolled my eyes, trying not to turn cherry red

"Alright, sorry." He rolled his eyes. "Unc told you bout my new girl, Erica?" He bit his bottom lip. "Ugh, I think she's the one!"

"Boy shut up! It's been a week."

"A month!" He corrected me.

"I didn't know Jeremy was the one till about eight months. I didn't tell him I love him till our one year."

"Oh really?" August said, sitting down between Junior and myself.

"Yes really.." I chocked up.

"I believe it. Jackie doesn't like the word love." Junior said.

"Or mom." August added, smiling at me. I softly rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "You okay?"

"Mhm."

"It's your last day.. That's crazy."

"I know." I nodded.

"She's trippin." Junior stood up, shaking his head. "She should just stay but aye, go work with ya moms." He shrugged.

"Junior, stop."

"You don't even like her, why work with her?"

"I don't even like you and I worked here!" I yelled. "You know nothing bout my mom and me, okay? Don't even go there. So what we don't get along that well? It's not like I hate her or anything."

"It's pretty close to hate."

"Whatever junior. You have your mom leave your ass to go live her second life. You don't know shit." I stood up quickly, walking out of the room. August followed me.

"Don't pay him no mind." He rolled his eyes. "He just mad."

"It's fine." I lied. "I really ain't that mad, I just don't wanna talk bout it."

"I feel you." He licked his lips.

"Don't do that." I pouted.

"Do what?" He smirked. "This?" He licked his lips again, then biting on my bottom lip. "You must like it, huh?"