Chicago II

I didn't get to spend the night with Giovanni unfortunately, but that was because of the one and only Ricky.

I was sitting on the floor with Giovanni playing with his Lego's, we were trying to make a house. Ricky knocked, then let himself in. He stopped in his tracks when he seen me playing with our son.

"I didn't know you'd be here." He said, picking up Giovanni.

"Well, you know now." I smiled. I ended up standing up next to him. Ayesha walked in and by the look on her face, she could feel the tension in the room.

"Hey Ricky." She said. "I packed his bag already, I changed his outfit after he spilled his drink on his shirt."

"Alright." He said, picking the backpack up off the floor.

"Daddy can I sleep over with mommy and Aunty A?"

"No, not tonight."

"Why not?" Giovanni pouted.

"Crystal made you that soup you like."

"But I'm not hungry.."

"Then don't eat it, but we're going home." He said with a stern voice.

"I don't want to!" He yelled. Ricky rolled his eyes. He continued to say bye to Ayesha, and shot me a fake smile, then walked out of the door.

"I told you he wouldn't let him stay over." I said to Ayesha.

"I know you did.. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt."

I chuckled.

"To Ricky?"

"Yeah, of all people." She rolled her eyes.

***

I walked into the bathroom to put my make up on and to curl my hair a little bit. Ayesha and myself were gonna go visit Johnny at his house and go out to eat. I wanted to look nice, but not too nice, for when I seen him. After all, I had a man back home. I guess my subconscious was trying to make a little jealous.

Ayesha walked in with rollers still in her hair. I faked a scream when I seen her and she gave me the look of death.

"I'm sorry, I had too!" I cracked up laughing.

"Look at you! One half of your head in a pony tail, the other half curled. You look a mess too! Move over!" She laughed, bumping me with her hip.

It brought me back to when we were teens, always fighting over the bathroom. I missed days like this. Even though I have bad memories in this city, I have just as many good ones.

--

As I was getting into Ayesha's car, I seen August's name pop up on my phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey babe, what's up?" He said cheerfully.

"I'm bout to go meet up with some old friends and eat. You sound happy.."

"I just got some good news."

"What is it?"

"My mom and sister are gonna stay with me, like for good. They're gonna move in. I'm pretty excited about it."

"Aww, that's good." I said. "I'm surprised your sister agreed to it.."

"She's stubborn, but there's nothing down there for her in New Orleans. She's better off up here with her family."

"That's true.. That's how I feel about Giovanni."

"Yeah, speaking on him.. Have you seem him?"

"I did!" I smiled. "You really need to meet him August, I know you'll love him."