Flashbacks

I sat up all night looking through the few pictures I had of Giovanni. Then, I'm not sure why, but I went on Facebook on to Ricky's profile, which was public. He had a whole album of pictures of our son, there were forty pictures.

The first few were of the two of them. Giovanni is the perfect mixture if Ricky and myself. He had my hair, the tight curls, my little nose and brown eyes, and had Ricky's ears, and they had the same shape mouth and eyes. Giovanni's head was shaped like mine. Honestly, he reminded me more of myself when he smiled, he had one dimple, even though I have two.

He looks so happy, and it made me happy. But I want him to be happy with me.

As I scrolled over to the twenty seventh pictures, it was Giovanni and some woman I didn't know, yet she looked so familiar, I couldn't put my finger on who she was. The caption read, my girlfriend and our son, with a smiley face on the end. My face became hot, my veins starting to boil. That is my son, not hers! I refuse to sit here and see this! Her son? THEIR SON? Oh no no no!

I threw my sweater on, and asked Aunt Tammy if I could use her car to drive to the studio to go see Uncle Dre, even though he wasn't who I was going to see, but I figured I go by just in case she asked him about it. I wasn't about to get caught in a lie.

She said yes and handed me the keys to her black Lexus. I smiled, gave her a kiss, and said thank you. I was going to go see my cousin Alicia who works at the diner near the studio. She moved down here after I did. Maybe she'd know who Ricky is with. After, I planned to bring Uncle Dre something to eat. It all sounded good in my head at least.

I pulled up and parked in the spot closest to the entrance. There was only two other cars in the parking lot, so the diner isn't busy. I sat down at one of the booths and Alicia saw me and got excited right away.

"Hey Jackie!" She waved, sitting across from me. "I was just about to leave.. You caught me just in time."

"Thank god!" I said. "I wanted to talk to you about something.."

"What's up?" She became more serious. "Is everything alright?"

"Well, I don't know if you've heard, but I'm trying to get custody of Giovanni."

"Yeah, I've heard. I was surprised when I heard you didn't tell your family though, but go on.."

"I was in a bad place at the time, you know that." She agreed with me. "But as I was saying, I was looking on Ricky's Facebook at the pictures of our son and on one of the pictures the caption read, my girlfriend and our son.. The lady in the picture looks familiar, but I don't know who she is.. It pisses me off how he's saying that's Giovanni's mother, not me."

"Holy crap.. I'm boggled. He'd really stoop that low?!"

"Duh! It's Ricky we're talking bout!"

I showed her the picture.

"You know who I think it is.." Alicia said.

"Who?"

"His lawyer.."

"The one who got him full custody?" She nodded.

"Look.. She cut her hair short, and lost weight. That's why she looks so different. Jackie.. What if Ricky was banging her and she abused her power to claim you am unfit mother to Ricky full custody? What if Ricky convinced her to convince the judge to find you guilty? Jackie... They both played you."

"Fuck.. What if you're right?" I started to think back. "I remember seeing them in public together too.. Now that I think bout it, I'd go over Ricky's house with the baby and she'd be there.."