XIV

It had been weeks, and Eren still hadn't figured out what Kenny meant by potential. Eren was a regular person-- well, a mix of human and vampire and fertile-- but a person nonetheless. How could he have any sort of potential that hadn't been unlocked yet?

During the passing weeks, Eren had been raped and given memories of Levi's past atrocities. Through it all, though, his loyalty and love for Levi remained. Levi was a changed man, and nothing could change Eren's mind.

"So, you still believe that Levi is going to come to rescue you, huh?"

Eren rolled his eyes and spat at the man who was standing above him.

"If he was coming, don't you think he'd have come by now?"

"He's just making a plan. He'll be here to save me soon."

***

"Levi, if you don't stop pacing, you're literally going to walk a hole in the floor."

"I'm waiting for Pixis to call me. Or text me. Or something."

"Levi, you might as well--"

Levi's phone rang in the middle of Hanji's sentence. The raven scrambled to answer it.

"What is it?"

"The council and I have decided to allow you to retrieve Eren. But we have also found some... strange information about the boy, so we will be visiting your castle after you retrieve him."

Levi wanted to scream.

"Thanks, Pixie."

"I've told you, its Pix--"

Levi hung up in the middle of the man's sentence.

"I got the clear to go get Eren."

Hanji, Victoria, and Erwin celebrated.

"That's great! We need to start making a rescue team and--"

"I'm going alone thanks see you guys bye."

Levi teleported away before anyone could stop him.

***

"I've had enough of you, Eren. I was going to allow you to make a conscious decision, but you've forced my hand!" Kenny roared as he reached out and laid a hand on Eren's forehead.

Eren began to scream in agony.

One by one, Eren felt his memories of happiness with Levi be erased or altered by Kenny.

Levi stole him from Mikasa, his beloved sister.

Levi broke promises.

Levi fed him human meat.

Levi made him want to die.

Kenny smirked as he removed his hand from Eren's forehead.

"Now you wanna stay? After everything I've threatened you with?" he asked Eren with a darkened, creepy tone.

"Never! You're fucking terrible! You're nothing but a monster!" Eren spat at him in rage.

"Fine then, have it your way. I didn't want to do this, but you have left me with no other options to choose from," he said, reaching into a pocket and fishing out a syringe with a purple liquid.

Eren slowly backed away, horrified by what the substance had the potential to do to him.

"No! Stay away from me!"

Kenny entered the cell and grabbed Eren's arm, lining the needle up with a vein in his wrist.

Suddenly, there was a loud banging outside of the castle that was surely heard from miles outside of the castle's perimeter. Only one person had the strength to cause that loud of a sound.