XX

Soon enough, the contest was over, and it was time for Mary Ellen to spend the day with Eren.

"So, what are we gonna do first?" she asked, finally shedding that fake sweetness that she'd previously been basically drowned in.

Eren rolled his eyes.

"You're really just accompanying me while I'm carrying out my queenly duties. We'll go to the mall for a bit, then I have to attend a press conference with the King. Then you and I have to attend another press conference which will be about the pageant. We'll do that, take selfies with the civilians, and then you'll go home."

Mary Ellen nodded.

First, as Eren said, they went to the mall.

"You'll need a few dresses for today. I've called my friend Victoria, so she should be here about—"

"Eren!"

"Now."

Victoria hugged Eren before turning to Mary Ellen, wrinkling her nose. "You let her come to this castle? Sheesh"

"I know, right? But I only did it cause that's what she chose. She knew she wasn't going to compare to me in a pageant."

"Eren, I'm getting tired of you saying that. Since you think you're just so hot, you want a challenge?" Mary Ellen asked, folding her arms.

"First of all, hoe, it's Your Majesty to you. But you sure you wanna go through with this?" Eren snickered.

Mary Ellen nodded.

Eren shrugged his shoulders.

"Let me call Levi and tell him that's what you want. What do you want if you win?"

"I want to be queen."

"And if I win?"

"Whatever you want."

***

"You're really going to compete against the queen?" a reporter asked Mary Ellen.

She flipped her hair arrogantly.

"If I can win against a bunch of amateurs, then I can definitely beat Eren."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

Soon, the competition started. Eren, of course, had to be extra with his choice of clothing, wanting to woo the crowd, as he always does. He gave the audience a fierce glare, slaying everyone. They all went wild seeing Eren.

"Yassss Queen!"

"Slay bitch!"

"Queen Eren just continues to snatch my wigs, weaves, and edges!"

He gave another twirl before taking his place on one side of the stage.

Mary Ellen soon came out, looking good, but nowhere near Eren's level of slaying. The crowd, not wanting to be rude, started clapping for her too, but there was no real slay going on.

"I know she didn't come out here with those Hillary Clinton kitten heels on."

"Where did all that slay from the Miss Underworld pageant go?"

"She looks basic as fuck."

The judges, who were picked anonymously, sat at the panel. The announcer, who was Hanji since they had such a loudmouth, spoke up.

"Welcome to this pageant, where Mary Ellen Hand will compete against Queen Eren for his place and crown."

The crowd began to laugh, knowing that Mary Ellen was about to take an L.