XIX

A few months later, pageant season began. Each year, which was equivalent to about two earth years, all beings in the Underworld had a chance to enter the Miss Underworld pageant. The king and the queen, along with other elites, were on the panel of judges.

Of course, Eren couldn't participate because he would've automatically won.

Eren arrived beautifully dressed, as usual. He wore a ball gown and a pair of stiletto heels in his typical color: blood red.

As he and Levi arrived, everyone stopped and marveled at Eren's beauty. Eren flashed them all a beautiful, white smile. Camera flashes and clicks immediately went off, trying to capture a photo of the queen for their magazines and journals and newspaper articles. The King and Queen took their seats on the judges' panel, accompanied by Victoria and Hanji.

Soon, the show started. The first girl walked out. Her features were childlike, her eyes round and adorned with lengthy eyelashes, and her lips small but full. Her frame was small, with her small bust hardly poking out of her dress. She had no curves whatsoever, but she was adorable.

"Name?" Eren asked.

"Mary Ellen Hand!" she answered in a small, squeaky voice, which Levi found adorable.

"And how old are you?"

"Twenty."

Eren and the other judges wrote down her information.

"Do you have parents?"

Her small, round face fell.

"No... I was abandoned when I was born on Earth. I died at fourteen when I was beaten after being raped by my foster father."

The audience gave sympathetic remarks, and so did the judges. Except for Eren.

"Thank you. Move on, please," Eren said, not caring at all. She gave a polite curtsy before skipping to the other side of the stage.

***

It was another thirty minutes before the judges had been greeted by the other twenty contestants.

"We'd like to announce the fifteen that will be moving to the next round. This round was simply based on your dress and your beauty," Levi spoke into his microphone. "The names are Mary Ellen Hand, who was our first choice--"

"Umm, she was your first choice. Not mine," Eren interrupted curtly. Levi flashed him a confused frown before reading off the rest of the names. Mary Ellen stood on the stage excitedly as other women left the stage, muttering amongst themselves about how they were beaten by a woman who looked like a child.

"The next round will take place tomorrow morning at eight A.M. sharp, so be here on time."

As they made it back to the castle, Levi gave Eren a stern look.

"Eren? What was that about?" he asked, annoyed.

Eren rolled his eyes, walking away.

"Fuck you."

Levi scoffed, grabbing Eren's wrist.

"Baby, tell me what's wrong," he purred, massaging Eren's shoulders gently to coax the problem out of Eren. He gently kissed Eren's neck, sucking on his sweet spot. Eren moaned in response, leaning into Levi's touch but still refusing to tell what was the matter.

"Come on... Tell Daddy what's the matter, and he's gonna make it all better," he cooed, laying Eren on their bed and stripping him of his dress and heels, laying them aside.

Levi kissed Eren's neck as he used his hands to pinch on his pink nipples. Eren moaned a bit louder, entangling his dainty hands into Levi's raven locks, running his fingers over Levi's undercut slowly. The king removed his lips from his queen's neck, looking into his large, emerald eyes.