IX

Eren made it back to the castle just in time for dinner. As he sat at the table, he smelled a... weird scent. He kept sniffing, trying to figure out what it was.

"As our specialty tonight, we'll be having rotisserie human with a thick blood sauce and a bit of thinner blood to drink," a chef called.

Wait, did he say—

"Human? My favorite!" Levi said, rubbing his hands together and licking his fangs.

He felt light-headed as if he was about to just throw up.

Eren had known something was up with these meals. He'd never been around to hear what they were having; most of the time, he entered the dining hall late.

So the whole time Eren had been eating...

He jumped out of his seat and ran out of the double doors, his hand clutching his mouth to hold in the bile that threatened to spill out everywhere.

"Wait! Eren! Where are you going?" Levi called, following him through the doors. Eren only kept running to the nearest bathroom. He hunched over the toilet and expelled everything that was in his stomach. It burned the back of his throat every time the components mixed with acid came up.

Levi soon came running in.

"What's the matter?" He asked. His concern disgusted Eren more, causing more of the wretched fluid to erupt from his throat, spilling into the toilet.

"Eren? Are you pregnant?" He asked.

"F-Fuck no! Y-You guys are gross!" Eren yelled at him before throwing up again.

He was able to look over shortly to see the look of hurt and pain on Levi's face.

"What do you mean?"

Eren almost felt bad for him.

"Y-You guys eat human meat! And y-you didn't even tell me that you were feeding it to me!"

"Eren, I'm sorry. I thought—"

"Don't fucking tell me what you thought! Don't go assuming shit!" He screamed at Levi, jumping up to push him out of the door of the bathroom.

"Get the fuck away from me!" Eren spat, slamming the door and locking it in his face.

"Eren... please," he said, his voice breaking as he knocked on the bathroom door softly. "I really thought you'd be okay. I'm sorry."

After about thirty minutes, Eren walked out of the bathroom. He was immediately pulled into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry for doing that to you... Can you ever forgive me? I'll give you anything you want. Please, forgive me," Levi pleaded, squeezing Eren.

"It's fine. I... I forgive you," Eren said, hugging Levi back. "Just tell me before you guys feed me things with weird ingredients. Remember that I was human at one point."

The taller man sighed in relief.

"Now brush your teeth so I can kiss you," he told Eren, making him giggle.

***

As Eren and Levi laid in the bed, Eren contemplated his day. Someone had attempted to murder him, he learned something new, made hundreds of people happy, got new shoes, and made plans to go on a mall date with Levi the next day.

All in all, the day was pretty good.