Chapter 5

"What started out as a simple altercation
Turned into a real sticky situation"

Man Down - Rihanna

Janae

Janae pulled up to a single family home and turned into the driveway. She parked and cut off the engine.

"Listen Dave, in order for this to go smoothly as possible you got to listen to me"

"Okay..."

"My parents are home, they're sleeping ... All my shit is upstairs which means I'd have to get you up there. It's too risky if we stay downstairs" Janae looked at Dave through the rear view mirror.

"Iight, got chu"

"Let's go" Janae made the sign of the cross before exiting the car.

Janae helped Dave out the car, he was cool enough to walk on his own. They proceeded towards the front door. Janae unlocked the doors and they stood at the foyer near the stairs and living room.

"This shit nice" Dave looked around.

"Thanks" Janae shook her head.

She held on to the railing and removed her heels so that she wouldn't make any noise. She tossed them to the side. The Godly assemble turned out to be bad luck if anything.

"Come on" Janae walked up the stairs quietly and Dave followed behind her slowly.

Janae opened her bedroom door and let Dave walk in first, she walked in and closed the door behind her. Dave stood in the middle of a lavender painted room, it was neat and clean, she was definitely a bookworm he noted at the two book shelves that held only books.

"Have a seat" Janae pulled her desk chair out for him.

She walked to grab a change of clothes and walked over to her dresser and grabbed some ibuprofen.

"I need to go boil water, get towels and change clothes ... Take these to ease the pain" Janae grabbed a water bottle she had from earlier.

She walked out and closed the door behind her. She was nervous and scared all at once. She went to the bathroom changed, washing her face of tonight's makeup. She made her way down to the kitchen to boil water, as the water boiled she went to check on Dave. As she opened the door she realized he was dozing. She rushed to him.

"Dave" Janae whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Come on" She helped him up and over to her bed, she laid out towels and laid him down.

"Wake up asshole" Janae smacked his cheek.

His cat eyes shot opened as soon as her hand made contact with his face, he grabbed her hand with force and stared straight back into her eyes.

"I need to check the water" Janae broke the silence and stare between them.

She came up five minutes later and took out her first aide box she had in her closet. She brought her stuff over to him and looked at how low his eyes were.

"You aint drunk?" he smirked

"I was, now I'm not" Janae placed her glasses on her face.

"Oh you wear glasses?"

"Yes" Janae cut the sleeve of his shirt to examine his wound.

"Okay I'm going to disinfect, please don't scream or yell. Here use the pillow"