Chapter 47

"Baby, say it's true
I don't wanna have to wait on you
These are things I gotta say to you
Make me feel irreplaceable, baby
'Cause I can't call it
You fuck with other niggas, I won't even bother
Young poppa, tell 'em who taught you
Let me put my stamp on it, let me crop all them other niggas
Out the picture, I say fuck them other niggas
Won't you say it with me? "

For However Long - Bryson Tiller

Lisa

*Flashback*

"So you just gonna act like you don't see a nigga?" A voice whispered in my ear as I stood at the bar waiting for my drink.

I inwardly groaned, knowing that voice all too well and not really wanting to face him after all this time. I knew he had to be here, Dave at this spot by himself ? That was a negative.

I turned around with a smirk on my face just to see what his annoying ass had to say to me.

"I don't see a lot of you niggas" I crossed my arms in front of me.

"So it's like that?"

"Uh, Yeah" I turned around and picked up my drink.

"You can put that on my tab Tommy" he spoke up to the bartender that smiled and gave him a head nod.

"You're annoying" I shook my head.

"Annoying? I was aiming for cute, but I guess in girl code it all mean the same thing"

"Girl code?" I laughed.

"Yeah, double meanings and shit"

"No, you dead annoying, thanks for the drink!" I chuckled and began to walk away.

But I felt his hand grab at my elbow, I stopped and looked back at him, it had been quite some time from the last time we probably saw each other and spoke.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Come on Lisa, you don't have to be this damn mean to me" he laughed.

"I don't have to?"

"I know I was a dick, but I'm not that nigga no more"

"No, you just a daddy now" I reminded him.

"You never gave me a damn chance to say anything to you, last time I saw you, you just trashed my apartment and went ghost. How you disappeared and we live in the same damn neighborhood is beyond me"

"I got my ways" I shrugged not really caring about what he had to say.

"Come on, you use to love me" he smiled flashing his pearly whites.

"Key word, USE to. I don't know what kind of weed I was smoking on, but I never want to be on that again" I took a sip of my drink.

"Ouch that hurt, cause you the only high I'm always trynna be on" he let his hand find it's way to my waist.

"I'm too young for that high, remember?" I softly pushed his hand off my body.

"I was a dick"

"You still are" I rolled my eyes, getting annoy with the conversation.

"You put up all these hard fronts but you know you miss me"

"Only thing I miss is the dick, but even that was iight" I knew that was going to hurt his ego, and I was okay with that.