Chapter 25

"If I was your best friend, I want you 'round all the time
Can I be your best friend, if you promise you'll be mine
Please say he's just a friend (Uh huh) now girl let's not pretend
Either he is or he ain't your man, please say he's just a friend
If I was your best friend, I want you 'round all the time "

Best Friend - 50 Cent

Dave

I never in my life booked it out of someone's crib like we just did, since I was 16 and getting caught fucking a girl and her parents show up.

I grabbed Kaiya out of Janae's arms as she grabbed her things. Her and Mama Gee exchanged a few more words, nothing harsh or disrespectful but Jay wanted to get out this bih.

We walked out the apartment and headed towards the elevator. I watched Jay as she stood on the opposite side of me and looked through her phone. I was sure as hell wondering why she wanted to jet out of there, with me especially. I mean it was a little awkward but it must have been hella awkward for her since that was her grandmother.

We finally reached outside and walked over to my car, I unlocked the doors and put Kaiya in her car seat. I waited for Jay to hop in before I walked over to the driver side. She looked at me all with a confused yet relieved look on her face. I sat in my seat and didn't start the car. I was wondering on what I should say, since I hadn't said much but say no more and good bye to Mama Gee.

"You mind explaining we why left outta there like you stole something?" I broke the silence.

She sighed before looking over to me.

"I don't know about you, but that was the most awkward ass conversation I've ever had, and with my grandmother" she shook her head.

"I had no idea you were going to be there, I saw a few days ago she asked me to come over and to bring the baby. Didn't really think nothing of it since we haven't spoken in a while now" I looked over to her.

"I just needed to get out of there, half of what was said did not need to be said in front of my grandmother. But now she knows the truth" she shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess so" I shook my head, I waited for her to say something.

"So, how you been" she looked at me than back to her phone.

"Been pretty good" I looked over at Kaiya who was slowly falling asleep.

"That's good"

"Yeah, how about you?"

"Tired, stressed, alive nonetheless"

"I hear that, see you got scrubs on, you a nurse already?" I joked.

"Something like that, I'm doing my clinical this year"

"That's wassup" I really didn't know what to say or what I should say.

"Yup..." she nodded her.

"I gotta be real with you" I caught her attention.

"What's up?"

"I want to apologize for everything that went down ... I know I fucked up, but my intentions were never to play or hurt you" I spoke truthfully.

She nodded her head.

"I'm not asking for us to be an item or more than anything, I just want you to know you dope and I liked kickin' it with you when you let me" I laughed a little, and so did she.

"You cool too or whatever" she laughed.

"So forreal I'm sorry, I'd like for us to start over ONCE AGAIN and be friends" I smirked at.