Chapter 19

"Are you down to be a distraction baby
But don't distract me, let me ask you baby
Do you, do you, do you do you wanna be
A distraction baby"

Distraction - Kehlani

Janae

"Aren't you meeting up with homeboy?" Lisa asked me as she looked at her phone.

"He called me, telling me he was going to get my at around 6" I rolled my eyes.

"Hm, probably got caught up"

"Yeah" I looked down at my phone it was almost 6 o'clock.

"Thanks for the help Jay, I really appreciate it" Lisa sighed.

"You're welcome love, you know I always got you" I smiled at her crazy self.

I looked down at my phone and saw David had texted me, I looked over at Lisa.

"Hey walk me outside, Dave's here"

"Got it" she got up and slid on her slides.

I said my goodbyes to my aunt, then me and Lisa headed on our way down.

"So you taking it slow now?" she asked as we stood in the elevator.

"Yeah, pretty much, I couldn't do it"

"Couldn't do it? But you still dealing with him"

I shook my head and laughed at her reasoning.

"I know it's weird, but it made sense to the both of us. I mean I barely know him Lisa but I like him, I'm weird. He's weird." I chuckled.

We walked out the building and was met with his white range rover, I looked back at Lisa who was looking at her phone.

"Tell me when you get home, if you go home" she smirked suggesting some other crap.

"I'll definitely be home" I shook my head.

"Tell his mean ass I said hey" she waved at the blacked out windows.

"I will" I grabbed my overnight bag and made my way to the car.

Dave hopped out and grabbed my bag, but I popped his hand.

"You were suppose to stay in the car, people can see you know"

He began to laugh and shake his head.

"Everyone for the most part knows whose whip this is, ain't no hiding that. Plus if they see you hopping in my shit and I don't hop out and help you it'll be a wrap" she laughed.

He grabbed my bag and placed it in the trunk, I opened the car door and hopped in and Dave came by and closed it for me. He got in the car and started the engine, while pulling away he grabbed my left hand and kissed it. I don't know why but I had a weird feeling about him tonight. That phone call earlier just didn't sit well and I knew I would have to step up and start asking questions and stop taking the back seat or the high roll. Not being from Harlem left me out the loop, but not so much that people knew about me and mine.

"How are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, tired. How are you though?" I inquired.

"I'm okay, a lot on my mind ... There's some shit I want to tell you" he looked at me with a worried look than back to the road.

"Where are we headed now?" I looked around in the highway.

"Just somewhere we could talk and not have to worry about anyone" he reassured me.