Chapter 45

"Why you got me so obsessed with you?
Why you got me wasting time laying next to you?
Why do you tell me, "come over, " to watch you just stare at your phone?
Don't know why I expected you
To give me attention, affection and love
You're like a drug, never enough
Can't take you high, need a new plug
You got me been, got me way too messed up"

In My Feelings - Kehlani

Janae

"I thought you hanging with your boyfriend today?" Lisa playfully rolled her eyes.

Lisa met me on 86st and Lexington, we weren't really going to do anything but walk around and talk. I still hadn't told her about the dinner my parents had to meet Dave.

"I was but he's watching football with Kaiya" I laughed.

"So how did dinner go?" Lisa finally asked me.

"It was fucking crazy, I swear. Papi is a hot mess. But ever since then, Dave's been acting funny with me."

"Funny how?"

"I don't know, you know how Dave is my stalker" I laughed.

"Yes I know" Lisa laughed too.

"But he's been keeping his distance"

"Maybe something going on outside of ya two"

"I mean probably, but Kaiya been around and it's been cool"

"Yeah outside of the daddy and boyfriend life" Lisa eyed me.

"You think he's in some shit?" I asked.

"I mean I doubt it, first thing he would do is not have you or Kaiya around, especially Kaiya"

We both walked into Sephora and began to look around for things we both knew we didn't need.

"That's true"

"Well, I'm sure whatever it is, it got him wrapped up for a reason that he can't or won't disclose to you."

"Yeah, I'm not even going to trip, because I'm going to be dealing with finals soon and I'm going to off the face of earth after thanksgiving"

"I'm sure he'll understand by that time" Lisa looked through some Kat Von D lippies.

"Lisa?"a voice came from behind us.

Lisa and I turned around to see who had called her. A woman about an inch or two shorter than me, stood in front of us.

 A woman about an inch or two shorter than me, stood in front of us