Eighteen.

Twenty weeks

Twenty weeks... You're the size of a Belgian Endive this week or so daddy says; he's gone a bit crazy reading baby books all about your growth. I used to think people were exaggerating when they said that having a child was a love like no other but the love I already feel for you Bug is so intense, it's nothing like I've ever felt before. As much as I can't wait to hold you in my arms I need you to stay in for a little longer so you can grow nice and strong... Mommy and Daddy love you, Bug. Keep growing.

Demi finishes writing the message underneath the picture as Joe rests his head on her shoulder.

'Another entry into the baby book?' He asks and she nods her head.

'It'll be nice to have something to look back at when she's all grown up.' She replies causing him to smile.

'Or he.' He says.

'We'll be able to find out at the scan today if we want.' She replies and he nods his head.

'I know we will. Do you want to find out?' He asks and she shrugs her shoulders.

'I'm not against finding out but if you don't want to that's okay with me as well.' She replies.

'I think it would be good to find out so that we could start preparing but it would also be really nice to have a surprise wouldn't it?' He says.

'Why don't we wait and see how we feel when we get there? If we both want the same thing then we go for it and if we don't then we just don't find out.' She replies and he nods his head.

'Sounds good to me... Have you thought anymore about the baby shower?' He asks.

'I'm okay with having one. Dallas and Madison really want to plan one so I'm okay with it as long as it isn't huge.' She replies smiling slightly.

______

'Hi, Dr Montgomery.' Demi says smiling as she makes her way into the doctor's office.

'How many times do I have to tell you, it's Addison.' Dr Montgomery replies causing Demi to smile.

'Pop yourself up on the bed and we'll have a look to see how baby's doing in there... Have you felt any movement yet?' Addison asks.

'Nope. Should I have?' Demi asks moving onto the bed.

'Not necessarily. Some women feel it by the stages but others it takes a few weeks more... It's certainly not something we should worry about just yet.' Addison replies as Joe takes up his position beside the bed and holds Demi's hand.

'As always, this will be a little bit cold.' Addison says squeezing some gel onto Demi's bare stomach.

'So have you decided whether or not you want to find out the gender today?' Addison asks and Demi glances at Joe who smiles and softly squeezes her hand.

'I think we would.' Demi replies smiling back at the doctor.

'Okay. Let's see if baby's cooperating then.' Addison says placing her wand on Demi's stomach and turning on the screen as she gently spreads the gel around.

'Oh look, there is baby's feet and those long legs.' Addison says smiling as the black and white image appears on the screen and Demi gasps.

'Well they certainly don't take after mommy then, do they? You're tiny.' Joe says causing Demi to laugh. He leans over and kisses the top of her head as Addison continues to move the wand around until she suddenly stops. The smile fades from her face and she instantly turns the screen away.

'Addison, what's wrong?' Demi asks only to be greeted by total silence.

'Addison?' Joe asks before the red head sighs. She removes the wand from Demi's stomach and turns to face the couple; her face showing nothing but pure heartbreak.

'Demi, Joe... I am so sorry. Your baby doesn't have a heartbeat.' Addison says softly and Demi shakes her head.

'N-No... You must be wrong.' Demi replies and Addison shakes her head.

'I am so sorry. I can give you two some time to process things and then come back to discuss your options.' Addison says as Demi begins to sob.

'What did I do wrong?' She cries turning into Joe as he leans over and wraps his arms around her.

'Demi, sweetheart... You done absolutely nothing wrong, please believe me on that. I'll give you two some time.' Addison says and Joe nods his head. Addison quietly leaves the room and Joe climbs onto the bed beside Demi, pulling her onto his knee as she sobs.

______

'My sweet, sweet boy...' Demi whispers, tears streaming down her cheeks as she cradles the baby against her chest.

'Greyson Adam Jonas, you will forever be our little boy.' Joe says as he leans down and kisses the top of the baby's head.