Part 18

"So... are you just going to break my leg again? Even though you know that every time I put on that mask, I don't know the outcome"

  I looked at the gun I had in my hand, I then looked back at Tim

"Actually... I thought I'd kill you"
  "You know what Alex. Go ahead. Shoot me, your little 'dream' will be fulfilled. You'll be proud of what you've done and then like you said, you'd kill yourself, what you're doing to help is actually destroying us all. You need to know that"

  I smiled.

  "I know what I'm doing Tim, I'm saving you"
  "Yeah sure. Honestly whenever people are being held by gunpoint, I guess that's the safest they'll ever be"
  "Shut the hell up"
  "I'm waiting for you, c'mon. I don't have anything better to do. I just got a job, I'm on a new medication. My life is just going swell. But you obviously don't understand that. So do it"

  Tim looked at me in the eyes.

  "Do exactly what you did to Jay. You knew him so well and you also knew what he was capable of, so you ended his life without a second thought. Now do the same for me, I really do want to end my life knowing that I was a complete and utter failure. All you're doing Alex, is wasting my time. So I'm begging you... do it for Jay"
  "Very well then"

  I shot him in the knee, he fell to the ground... not like he'd die... I was trying to aim for his chest but honestly I can't see anything right now. My flashlights missing and I was currently too shaky to do so.

  "That's all you got?"

  Even though Tim made a smart remark he was wincing in pain. Blood dripping from his knee to the floor.

  I pointed the gun at his head.

  "3..."
  "2..."
  "1..."