:Chapter 14: Time Lord:

There wasn't much I could do in the hospital. I could only lay back and think, while listening to nurses rush around the halls outside and push trolleys down the hallway, making a horrendous squeaking noise that made me cover my ears.

When I heard the door handle squeak, I hoped it was not one of my visitors. I was not in the mood for conversation. I gave a sigh of relief when I slowly opened to reveal a nurse with some awful hospital food. Of course, I would eat it anyway, I was starving ever since I got here and I wasn't allowed to eat until now.

The nurse put the food on the table next to me. I hoped she had something to say, or maybe she was just mean, considering there was no way I was going to reach the tray without sitting up.

"Okay, sweetie, here's your lunch for today, now, I know you're hungry, but you have to eat slowly, or it could cause some more problems,"

She left the room, leaving the tray on the table.

I really hoped they would all just forget, the awkwardness I had felt in the conversation proved that we should all just move on. I had no idea why I suddenly felt uncomfortable talking about my fainting/nightmares/anxiety problem. It was just a little disorder, it's not like I had cancer. I remember having it as a child when I was growing up ... on ... Gallifrey.

I remember being a child, dressed in red robes, running, playing, learning. The bright orange sun, burning into our skin. I remembered my childhood, something I hadn't had access to for years, but now, something was letting me in, revealing things about myself that even I had forgotten.

I remembered information about another race.

The Time Lords.

They could regenerate and change their appearance, an advantage over humanity. They had time machines, and could see through time. They were brought up at a very young age. They also lived significantly longer than humans. They home planet was Gallifrey... where I had grown up.

I clutched my head, it seemed to get hotter as the memories returned. I tried to stop thinking about the memories. I felt something trickle down my cheek. I put my hand up to see what it was, a ... tear.

I had never cried before, or at least from what I could remember, which seemed to be getting very complicated right now. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes, not wanting any of the nurses to see and feel the need to come check on me. My breaths were becoming shaky and I had no idea, what had come over me. I didn't know why it affected me so much, and I wished that my body would stop betraying my mind.

I closed my eyes and put my hands up to my face. I saw through my fingers, the pasta and vegetables the nurse had brought in a few minutes ago, and groaned as I sat up too reach it.

They had to give me pasta.

The one time my favourite food was served, my favourite lunch food anyway, it was when I could absolutely not be bothered to eat it. I picked the fork and pushed it around a bit, wondering if I would bother to make the effort. Eventually my stomach growled and I gave in.

I had finished the plate in about 5 minutes, which was probably not a good idea. Even though it was plain and horribly cooked, I was starving. I felt my stomach turn and grumble as I lay back down.

"Shut up," I said to my stomach, aloud but only meaning to think it. I think I might have said it a bit louder than I had originally thought, as a nurse outside was peering through the window.

Great, now they think I'm a mental patient too.

___________________________________________________

WOW! You have made it this far! I expected you to have clicked of by now ;)

Anyway, next chapter will be the big confrontation chapter and it may change your opinion on the story, so feel free to leave criticism and comments. :)

x Rose