XVII

|17|

Miami D

Miami D. Torrance

"So nobody knows who she is?" Rashad questioned as he watched Miami scroll through his laptop

"Nope." She shook her head making sure to pop the p. "She want's it that way too. People know her by "H.E.R" and her album cover is just an outline of a girl."

"That's crazy." Rashad shook his head actually astonished. "Her voice is mad beautiful though."

Miami just nodded her head agreeing.

She was slightly mad at him because he actually had agreed with the punishments Vaughn and Kian presented her with. If anything she thought that Rashad would've been more lenient, but he wasn't and that was really irritating her.

"You mad at me Mi?" Rashad questioned feeling the animosity.

Miami just shrugged before closing his laptop and passing it to him. She got up to leave his room but he quickly grabbed her wrist and sat her back on the bed.

She refused to look at him. She was that mad. Rashad was really her favorite and their bond was real life tight but lately she had been feeling like he was switching up on her.

"You gotta' understand where we're coming from Peanut. You know with everything going on we can't have you out here wallin', fighting and shit."

Miami sucked her teeth. "So why not just say that? Instead of you all just making it seem like I'm receiving all of this, because I'm just the baddest kid in the world. When it's not even like that, like if you guys really want me to wild out... I can because that's anything." She shrugged.

Rashad ran his tongue over his top row of teeth before nodding. She was right, they could've approached the situation differently but at the same time Rashad didn't think that they were being irrational.