XXVI

|26|

Elijah A

Elijah A. Kingston

"Why you gotta' be so insecure? When I did all I could do, but you be wanting more,and why you can't get up off my back? And I can take a lot of shit, but I won't take that!" Miami stood up on E's bed with a remote to her mouth, yelling out the lyrics to Bryson Tiller's and Jasmine Sullivan's "Insecure"

The two had fallen in love with the show and once they stumbled upon this song in one of the episodes. Miami couldn't help but to fall in love with that too.

"Miami sit your ass down." E sucked his teeth as he walked out the bathroom with nothing but his underwear and a pair of sweatpants on.

" E sucked his teeth as he walked out the bathroom with nothing but his underwear and a pair of sweatpants on

"Ain't no reason not to trust me nigga!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "I'm your lady not your slave." She pointed the remote at Elijah before sinking to her knees. "You my nigga not my master, I'll escape. Tell me who could I run to? Got me looking for a new dude."

"Yeah aigh." E took a seat at  the foot of his bed before grabbing for his phone and pausing the music. "You needa' stop adding this shit to my playlist. Got me looking like I listen to this bitch ass shit."

"Um excuse you." Miami snatched the phone from his grasp and pressed play, singing  the lyrics once again. "With a chill vibe, who a nice time, who can lay back, who don't pick fights, who ain't insecure. Why you gotta' be so insecure? When I did all I could do, but you be wanting more,and why you can't get up off my back?And I can take a lot of shit, but I won't take that."

"Put some clothes on. I got company coming over."

Miami stopped singing and paused the music. "So shouldn't I leave?" She looked down at her attire. She wore nothing but a bra and some tight pajama shorts, that would ride up her hips and ass every time she sat down or got up too quickly.

"No." Elijah scrunched his face up. "What you leavin' for? Just chill in here it'll be a quick visit. They just gotta' drop some shit off."

"So I don't have to leave?" She smiled.