XXIX

|29|

•March 7th6:00 p

•March 7th
6:00 p.m•

Miami D. Torrance

Miami stood outside E's home, pacing back and forth

Miami stood outside E's home, pacing back and forth. She had no business being here, but she needed to speak with him. She purposely waited till today to do so, because she overheard her brothers discussing over how the date of the standoff had been changed. Originally it was to occur three nights ago, but for some unknown reason, both sides had come to terms with it happening in the early hours of tomorrow instead.

Time was ticking down and as soon as the clock hit midnight, the big blow out would pop off.

Right at the Terrace.

Both the East and Westside would face off... finally.

Miami made sure to cover the peephole with her thumb as she knocked again. She had a feeling that if Elijah knew who it was from the jump, he wouldn't open up the door. Miami had snuck out her home just to see and talk with him, and she wasn't leaving until she'd done just that.

"Yo' who is it?"

His voice sounded from behind the door but Miami shut her mouth tight. She was tempted to respond but she knew that she couldn't, so instead she knocked again, this time much harder and persistent.

She heard him suck his teeth, and footsteps before the door was snatched open. Miami lost her breath at the sight before her, there E stood with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. Water was dripping from his hair, face, and stomach area. He held a durag and brush in one hand as the other went up to scratch his nose. He shifted his lips to the side before opening up the door all the way. Miami licked her lips, and brushed past him. She took in the scene before her, nothing seemed out of the ordinary which relieved her because she knew that if he had managed to move on that fast. She would've went to jail.

"I've missed you." Miami observed him shut the front door. He glanced at her before shaking his head and walking towards the kitchen. Miami pouted up her face and followed him. "Elijah." She mumbled. "I said I was sorry."