XXIV

|24|

Miami D

Miami D. Torrance

Miami had Elijah on her mind the whole walk from school to the Torrance home. He had went ghost on her in the middle of her practice and hadn't responded to any of her messages. She didn't want to assume the worst out of anything,  but she couldn't help but to feel irritated considering the conversation they shared about their relationship a few days prior.

She thought that they were working on communication along with effort. After that conversation, things had been going good but from this morning until now, Elijah's whole aura and mood towards her had shifted. She didn't know what was up with him and she didn't know why he wasn't giving her the attention she required.

All she wanted was for him to know that she'd be heading home afterschool to gather more of her clothes. She didn't want him to be outside waiting for her wondering of her whereabouts and she didn't want his presence to attract any attention of the unwanted and un-needed. Whatever it was that had him so caught up, she prayed for his sake it was important because she had a mouth full and then some to spit to him.

Sending her last text to E, regarding her whereabouts. Miami sighed before unlocking her front door, she jumped out of shock and fear due to the fact that Rashad stood in the foyer unfazed by her presence.

"Where have you been?"

Miami threw her stuff down before brushing past him and heading towards the kitchen. She ignored him simply because she didn't owe him any explanations. He hadn't spoken to her along with the other two, in over a week. So who was he to be questioning her whereabouts?

"You don't hear me talkin' to you?" Rashad followed behind her. "Yo!"

"Not snitching if that's what you're thinking." She chuckled to herself as she opened up the cabinets in search of a snack.

"On some real shit." Rashad snatched her around. "Dead that attitude bullshit right now.I ain't the one that's been movin' funny lately. You have so you have no reason to be comin' at me like that."

"Are you serious!?" Miami pushed him back. "I have no reason to be moving like this? Rashad you and everyone else been doing me the worst lately, treating me like a criminal and some typa' suspect. What is it going to take for you to understand that I'm not doing anything that would go against you guys? I would never put you or anybody linked to this Westside shit in danger!"

"Nobody is saying that Miami, but you're not being honest." Rashad stressed. In all honesty he was fed up with her acting as if everything was good, when it clearly wasn't. She was hiding something and it might not have been to the extent that everyone thought. But if she kept sneaking around and lying, it was only going to come back and bite her in the ass.

"When the hell you start lying so much man?" He shook his head in disgust. "I just need for you to keep it a stack Peanut. That's all I'm asking of you."