XXVII

|27|

Miami D

Miami D. Torrance

"Well, well, well....wassup Mi?"

Miami stayed quiet as she stood in front of the only people who ever put fear into her heart.She felt the sweat drench her skin, the throbbing of her own eyes, the voices in her head telling her to run, and the thumping of her heart against her chest. Her fingers curled into a fist, nails digging and feasting into the palm of her hand.

The room was drop dead silent minus the sound of her rapid breathing, she was so scared to the point you could literally hear the oxygen flooding in and out of her lungs.

"Why so quiet?" Caleb taunted, pouting up his face and breaking the deadly silence. "You normally have a whole lot to say."

"She sure does." Kian shook his head, agreeing."Wassup baby sis?"

Her eyes jumped from the two of them to Vaughn, Rashad, and Justin who remained quiet. Though their facial expressions honestly spoke volumes. Rashad especially, as he viewed his little sister with nothing but disappointment written across his face.

Miami couldn't even hold eye contact with him because it hurt her to see him viewing her as if she was the most disgusting thing on this Earth. She wondered where Elijah was when she needed him the most, but then again she prayed for his sake that he didn't return home anytime soon.

Miami put her finger up and clutched her chest, everybody's attention fell on her because they thought that she was about to start explaining herself, but within a quick second she dashed back towards the hallway. Her plan was to go back into E's room, lock herself in, and call for help with her phone that was resting on the charger. She felt a rush of excitement as she made it towards the hallway entrance, she put her right foot out but before it could touch the dark brown wood floors, she felt her body being roughly snatched back.

"Where the fuck you going?" Justin bellowed as he scooped her back by the hem of her shirt carrying her back to the living room where he threw her on the lounge chair across from Vaughn. "Sit ya' sneaky ass down."

"So is this where you been staying? With the enemy?" Vaughn looked around the living room with distaste. "This what we doing now? Huh? This how you get down?"

"I-"

"You what?" He interjected. "What? Oh you don't have nothing to say now? As much mouth as you got? You really tryna' tell me you don't got shit to say?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"Are you fucking serious?" Vaughn bucked at her causing her to jump in her seat. "I want ya' dumbass to tell me why you living wit' this grown ass man? I want you to tell me the truth. I want you to let us in on why you over on this side and why you think it's all good."