Chapter 16. "Mission Compromised"

"Fucking look." Cameron handed me his phone. We were both laying out by the pool in our underwear, attempting to get a tan while everyone else gave us dirty looks for not wearing bathing suits. It was an article on MetalTrain.com. Asking Alexandria And Crew Violently Attack Band Motionless In White, In Fit Of Drunken Rage.

"What the fuck is this."

"It's about two days ago. Read it."

"During my interview they were spastic. Constantly moving, picking at things, shouting randomly. I can't even use half the footage because their management won't allow it. Hours before, Ricky Horror of Motionless In White told me they were "violent alcoholics". He said I can quote him" said reporter Troy Marcus, just hours after he left. Reports of disturbances seem to the follow the band wherever they travel, and it's not just every day pedestrians. Other bands on the Thrash and Burn tour have made statements saying they scream and fight at all hours of the night. One, whom asked not to be named, said he was even worried about the guitarists wife, Naomi Liddell. "It seems every day she has a new scratch or scrap somewhere. She's getting hurt. I'm just worried someone is hurting her. And she's acting different lately. Her relationship with Danny (Worsnop) is weird." Asking Alexandria have a reputation for being loud and obnoxious, but abusive to women? It sounds pretty hard to believe, but there's enough evidence. Maybe there is something to worry about. We have been unable to collect statements from the band, or Mrs. Liddell. Could the adorable girl we all fell in love with be cheating? Or could she be in danger?

Is it just a tour, or is Asking Alexandria really on the path to thrash and burn? We'll keep you posted.

And then it gave a list of sources. Including a video of me screaming about how much I hate MIW - the one Sam took that night. And multiple pictures of me from mine and the guy's social media, about the scratch on my head and the bruises that seemed to endlessly cover my body. And then pictures of a massive bruise on Ricky's shoulder. "Fuckers!" I screamed. "Fucking snitches."

"Everyone is gonna think that we're garbage. We need to say something. I'm gonna post something."

"So am I." We both sat up and made posts on Instagram. I pretty much explained what happened, including a few lies to save everyone's ass:

Hi. Listen the fuck up please. I am not being beaten or abused. Not by anyone, including my husband and the rest of Asking Alexandria. All my minor injuries were sustained due to having fun. Messing around. I'm clumsy, and I fall a lot. Please ignore the rumors, and remember that you can't always trust the narrator. And you can't always trust news headlines, no matter how real looking. Much love, Naomi and Cameron Liddell <3.

I posted it with a selfie I had taken with Cameron the day Sam gave me my new computer. Cameron posted something along those lines, mentioning that he was offended anyone could possibly think he would hurt me. It was just untrue. We ranted really loud, talking over each other for a full minute, before we both calmed down and went back to tanning. "Next time they come near us I'm calling the real cops." Cam sighed.

"Not with everything that's in the back lounge you aren't." I glanced at him from above my sunglasses. "I don't really wanna go to prison."

"Yeah well I'm damn close anyways. Let's just forget about this." After an hour of holding hands and tanning in silence, we both went upstairs to the room. James and Sam had arrived, with everyone's stuff for the night.

"Did you guys see the fucking article." I sighed as I sat down on Cameron's and my bed.

"What article." James said as he tore through his bag looking for something.

"This one." Danny pulled everything up in different tabs on the desktop computer that the hotel had provided. Ben, James, and Sam all crowded around it while I grabbed a clean pair of shorts, a bra and underwear, and a new black tank top. I changed in the bathroom and when I walked out everyone was on their phones.