Chapter 2. "Don't Come Back"

Cameron and I spent the rest of the night sharing occasional smiles and playful kicks under the table in their RV. I drank with Myca and Brandi, while he drank with Sam and James. Ben, Danny, and girl Sam disappeared at some point. At the end of the night I gave Myca my number, knowing she would likely never call me, and they dropped me off at my house. Everyone was far too drunk to drive but we had to get there somehow. I went to sleep that night beaming and woke up the same. I had 37 new text messages from three unknown numbers. The first was from Myca, whom said she had fun and hopes we keep in touch. Then Brandi, who said to text her when I woke up. And the remaining 35 messages were from the third person. They read:

Hey XD

myca gave me ur number

i hope u dont mind

its cameron

i think u r ryl gr8

you seemed hpy last nite

well tonite i guess

danny told me to stop textin if u rnt responding

did sam tell you wat i wanted him 2 tell u???

im glad u stuck around

was the guy who introduced u to us ur bf?

i hope not

will u text me in hte morning

we have three more days here

wanna hng out r smthn?

The rest were all something along those lines. Holy fuck. He likes me. Cameron Fucking Liddell likes me. And thinks I'm pretty. I almost cried out of sheer disbelief. I text back Brandi and Myca, before getting another from Cameron.

Plz say something so I know you aren't dead.

It seemed as though he had sobered up, because I could read his messages with ease.

Hi

can I see you?

Id like that xd

Danny remembers where u live I think? I'l be there in 10?

Okiee

I took the fastest shower of my entire life and did my hair and makeup even faster. I was fixing my hair anxiously when Cameron texted me that he was out front. I ran downstairs and out the front door. He was standing on the sidewalk out front, in a grey hoodie and skinny jeans full of a million rips. I just ran right into him and hugged him without thinking. "Ah- hi." He chuckled, and hugged me back.

"Sorry. I had to do that." I blushed. He bit his lip slightly before pulling me quickly into a kiss, hands on my waist and lips so gentle but so passionate on mine. I cupped his cheeks and stood on my toes to make it easier. Oh my god. This is it. I'm kissing him. He's kissing me.

"I'm telling mom!" Ty screamed from the porch. I gave him the finger and Cam laughed. The RV was parked on the street and Danny was staring at us out the driver's side window.

"Little brother. Sorry." He kissed me again quickly, grinning. Wild horses couldn't tear me away from him.

"Naomi?" He whispered into my hair. His voice sent shivers down my spine. "Do you want to hang out with us? With me? All summer?"

"That would be- amazing. I wish." I said, speechless. He smiled widely.

"Do you want to come on tour with us? I mean, we're dropping off Sam in the next state over after two shows, so, we could come back and pick you up or something! I haven't asked them yet- or really thought about it- and you don't have to, only if you want to-"