Chapter 5

Tris's POV

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up, Mommy!"

I slowly open my eyes to find Toby sitting on me with a huge grin. I sit up and push my hair out of my face.

"Good morning, Toby," I say.

"Morning, Mommy," he says, and I glance over at the clock. It's 6:30 in the morning.

"Toby. Why did you wake me up so early?" I ask.

"Because we have to go to Chicago today," he replies.

"Oh. Right. I almost forgot about that. Thank you," I say.

"You're welcome. Now. Can I have some breakfast? I'm starving."

"Of course," I say. "Come on."

I get up out of bed, pick him up, and carry him to the kitchen. I set him down in his seat, and Waverly automatically shows up.

"What can I get you two this morning?" she asks.

"What do you want, Toby?"

"Can I get a blueberry pancake?" he asks, and Waverly smiles.

"Of course you can," she says and turns to me. "And for you miss?"

"Two buttermilk pancakes, please," I say. She nods her head and starts cooking. Soon she has both of our pancakes done and two glasses of milk poured.

"Thank you, Waverly," I say.

"You're welcome, miss," she says and quickly turns away. I get up and walk over to her.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I ask. When she looks up, I see the tears in her eyes.

"I'm going to miss you, miss," she says.

"I'm going to miss you too. And you can call me Tris," I reply.

"Really?"

"Really," I say. "And just because I'm moving into a penthouse with my friends doesn't mean that I'm never going to see you again. We're friends; not employer and employee."

"We are?" she asks.

"Of course," I answer. "Now. Fix yourself some breakfast. You need to eat before we leave."

"Thanks, Tris," she says, and I sit down. I quickly eat my pancakes and then carry Toby into his room. I help him change into his clothes and send him to the bathroom. I then take him to the living room with Ginger and Oscar.

I go into my room and take a quick shower. I change into a pair of skinny jeans and a white crop top and apply black mascara, light brown eye shadow, and nude lipstick. I quickly brush my hair and put it up in a messy bun. I walk over to my bags and pack my last couple of things.

Something falls on the floor, and I bend over to pick it up. It's Tobias's black leather jacket that he gave to me. I pick it up and pull out the old promise ring and T necklace from one of the pockets. I smile. I knew that I kept this, but I forgot about them for awhile. Suddenly, everything around me turns black, and I slip away.

---------------flashback---------------

"Happy birthday, my love," he says and hands me the bag. I take it and look inside. I pull out a black leather jacket.

"You're giving me your favorite leather jacket!" I exclaim.

"Yeah. I know how much you like it, so I wanted you have it. It means a lot to me and so do you," he explains.

"Thank you, Tobias. I love it. And I love you," I say and hug Tobias.

"I love you too," he says and kisses me softly.