Chapter 30

Tobias's POV

My alarm goes off, and I roll over to stop the annoying sound. I lay back down and stare up at the ceiling with a smile.

Tris and I have been back together for a few days now, and they have been absolutely amazing. I can't believe that there was any doubt in my mind that I'm still in love with Tris. Of course I am.

I mean, I know that what she did hurt me, but she said she did it because she thought she was protecting me. She didn't mean to hurt me with her actions. She thought that she was doing what was best for me.

Anyway, we have been watching Toby all week, but now that it's the weekend, Tris is taking Toby to stay with her parents. So that means that tonight, Tris and I are going to have our "first" date.

I have it all planned out.

Her favorite meal for dinner out on the balcony. Candles. Flowers. Lights. Blankets and pillows to lounge on while watching a movie with a homemade screen and projector and eating one of her favorite desserts. Then I'm going to take her back to the meadow and share the song I'm working on with her.

I am literally so excited for this date that it's hard for me to wait! I just wish that we could fast forward through the day, so I can see her again!

Being without her for four years was torture. She consumed almost all of my thoughts all of the time, and I couldn't help but miss everything.

Like the way she blushes when you give her the smallest compliment. How her smile could quite possibly light up a room without any help. How her hand fits perfectly in mine. How it feels like she belongs in my arms. How soft and gentle her kisses can be. How she can put butterflies in my stomach just by looking at me.

Gosh, I love that girl of mine more than I can explain.

I grab my phone off my nightstand and immediately find Tris's contact. I know she's probably not up yet, but I want my messages to be one of the first things she sees when she does wake up.

Me: Good morning, beautiful!!!

Me: I hope that you had a night full of good dreams and no nightmares! And if you had any nightmares, please call me so I know you're okay!

Me: I just wanted to say that I love you so so so so much

Me: And I cannot wait for our date later today 😘😘

After I send all of the messages, I scroll through my social media accounts and smile at all of the fan pages that I see that are for me and Tris. Everyone is still raving about our friendship, and they are begging us to do something together. Like they seriously want some content from us.

We'll see.

I also come across a few posts from people saying that even though we're just friends, they ship us together, saying that we would make such a cute couple. And that we would be the power couple of the year.

It takes everything in me not to comment and say that I agree.

Having Tris with me again makes me want to show her off. I so desperately want to show the world that this beautiful and smart and talented girl is mine, and that I'm hers. But we both agreed that it's not the right time to tell the public. We want to keep this relationship to ourselves for a little while before we invite the cameras in.

Tris's name pops up at the top of my screen, indicating that she's replied back, and I quickly hit the notifications.

Tris 🐝: Good morning, handsome 😍