Chapter 20

Tobias's POV

My alarms goes off, waking me up from another night of dreamless sleep.

Don't get me wrong. I am grateful for the sleeping pills because without them, I would probably be tossing and turning all night long, letting my thoughts consume me. But it kind of sucks that every night of sleep is completely dreamless.

I wish that there was a nice middle, but if no dreams means that I can actually sleep and get some rest every night, I'm going to keep taking the sleeping pills.

I grab my phone off of my nightstand table and see that it's 8:15. So for about 15 minutes, I lay in bed and scroll through all of my social media accounts, taking the time to reply to some fans and to update a few things.

I'm seriously horrible at social media. Niall and Harry used to always help me with it, but now that they've moved back to California, I'm all on my own. And it's not that I don't like interacting with my fans or updating them on my life, it's just that I'm really bad at remembering to do that.

I hardly spend any time on my phone. I'm usually writing music or spending time with my friends and Toby.

Speaking of Toby, it's been a few days since Tris and I told him about me being his father, and they have all been the best days of my life. We've spent so much time together, and yet it's still not enough. I don't think I'm ever going to get those first three years of his life back.

But that's okay. At least, I'm here with him now. And I'm here to stay. I'm not going anywhere. Tris has finally let me into his life, and I'm not leaving it. I fought so hard to get here, and I love Toby with all of my heart. He deserves the world, and I'm honestly prepared to give it to him.

At 8:30, I put my phone down on the nightstand and pull myself up out of bed. I walk to my closet and pick out a nice outfit before going into my bathroom. I hop in the shower, giving myself some time to relax underneath the hot water, and once I'm done, I step out and change into my outfit.

I dry my hair, brush it out a little bit, and walk back into my room to slide on a pair of my Converse.

I walk into the kitchen and fix myself a small breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs. Once it's fixed, I pour myself a cup of orange juice and take my food into the living room. I sit down on the couch, put on Criminal Minds, and start watching the show while eating my breakfast.

Just as I'm about to finish my food, the guys walk in, still yawning and fall down on the couch.

"Wow. I'm surprised that you guys are awake," I say.

"The girls made us get up," Uriah says. "They called and said they're going to be up here in like five minutes, and that if we weren't awake, they would kick our butts."

"Yeah. That sounds about right. You guys wouldn't get up unless someone was making you. Aka your girlfriends," I reply, and they just look at me.

"Ooh, did you make some for us?" Zeke asks as I eat the last bite of my bacon.

"Nope. Sorry. I didn't think you guys would be up in time for breakfast."

They all groan.

"Then what are we supposed to eat?"

"We have a few muffins and cereal, so knock yourselves out," I say.

"Ooh! I call the muffin!" Uriah exclaims and runs off to the kitchen to claim what he wants. We all roll our eyes as we follow him in there.

I put my dishes in the sink while Uriah stuffs two muffins in his face and Zeke and Will pour themselves bowls of cereal.

"So what do you guys have planned today?" I ask. "Because I have nothing to do."