Chapter 44 - The Wife

AN: Earlier than expected :)

ROXANNE

We were both afraid to love. May pagkakapareho at pagkakaiba. Hunter was the most popular playboy and I was known, the campus mistress. He knew my past, my darkest side and my deepest secret. He saw me cry. He experienced my pain.

Hunter was someone who's afraid to love, thinking that one day he will only end up hurting that one special person like how his father did to his own mother. So he chose to be a heartbreaker. He became the well known casanova and the most popular school's playboy.

I was someone who's afraid to love again, afraid to be betrayed again. I don't want to be weak again when it comes to love. I was afraid to lose myself again. I can't, not again. Not the second time. I won't cry for the same reason, I won't experience the same pain. When I chose to be the bad girl, I already expected to be hated by girls and lusted by men. I flirted and played with commited men, thus I became the campus mistress.

Sulutera, mang-aagaw, bitch, slut, whore .. well, I was called worst. Ilang beses na ba akong naeskandalo, ilang beses na ba akong nasampal at nasabunutan ng mga syota ng mga lalake ko? Hindi ko na mabilang. I didn't mind. I don't care at all. I believed that if a guy truly loves you, he would never cheat, even give a fucking glance to other girls. He would never let you feel insecure. Instead, he would give you assurance. He will make you the happiest girl in the world when he says how much he loved you.

Sa tuwing napapatunayan kong manloloko ang isang lalake, sa tuwing pinapatulan ako ng mga nobyo nila, lihim akong nasasaktan para sa mga babaeng naniniwala sa pag-ibig. It would disaapoint me. Every time I succeed I'd lie that I was proud. I will fake smile to the 'girlfriends' who have been cheated. I will let them curse, slap or hurt me physically. I want them to do the things I wanted to do. The things I was never given a chance.

Pero nagkamali pala ako. Mali ang aking naging paniniwala. My former fiance Red, he never cheated and he truly does loved me.

I was a fool.

I don't know how or when it all started. Kung kailan ako nagsimulang hanap-hanapin siya. Kung kailan ako nagsimulang umasa ulit. Kung kailan ako nagmahal ulit, kung kailan ko minahal si Hunter.

Was it when we first met at the gym? Was it when we first locked our eyes together? He looked hot with a girl in his lap, smudge kiss mark on his lips, his makeout hair and his flushed face. Since then, it seemed so hard for me to forget how he looked at me and how he shamelessly asked me to be his with his eyes tinged with determination.

When the playboy met the campus mistress, something about us changed. When finally, our path crossed together, I noticed how things started to change. I hope it was for the better. I hope it was for love.

Me for a second chance of happiness. Him, for a chance to redeem himself. He accepted me for who I was and not the bad girl who I pretended to be. He saw me as the most wonderful girl he ever met. He showed me how to be loved and told me everyday, how much he loved me and what he loved about me. He'd kissed my tears away, hugged me tight and say, I deserved to be loved.

I was happy. Too happy.
So I paid the prize.

Who would've thought that loving Hunter was wrong?

He's now a married man. Putangina! It should be me. I was supposed to be his wife. He told me. He said he was my man. He was my love. My playboy. He was mine!

"Anong ginagawa mo dyan?! Bilisan mo na Roxanne. Malalagot na naman tayo. Bahala ka na nga. Mauna na 'ko." Sigaw ni Zhena.

Napakurap ako saka bumalik sa huwisyo. "Ok, ingat." I gathered the folders and arranged it according to dates. It took me 10 minutes. I hurriedly put it into my bag and step out of the office.