Chapter 45 - The Mistress

HUNTER

I stood frozen when I finally reached the room. I didn't waste any seconds to go near her. Naupo ako sa kanyang tabi, saka pinagmasdan ang kabuohan ng babaeng mahal ko na ngayon ay payapang natutulog sa malaking kama.

I clenched my fist when I saw her bandaged head, her bruise face, her wounds.. Damn! I will fucking hunt them down.

"What did you do?" I asked in gritted teeth.

Napapikit ako. When I opened my eyes, my anger didn't subside even a little.

"I already warned you Anna. Don't you dare fucking touch her."

Tumayo ako at nilapitan ang babaeng nakaupo sa kabilang sulok ng kwarto. She crossed her legs and looked at me with her lazy eyes.

"Well, the deal is off. You broke the rules."

Kumunot noo ako. I don't hurt women. But right now, I fucking wanna kill her for hurting Roxanne. 

"You're not careful enough Hunter. That's why the Corvus is now after her."

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

Tumayo si Anasthasia and crossed the distance between us. Suddenly, her smile faded and her eyes lit in anger. "You've been outside of her apartment every night Hunter. Every fucking night. For three years!" Her breath fanned my face, nonetheless I remained unmoved.

"I can't believe that you're stalking your ex! You seem so suspicious because you're not even spending the night in the mansion. That's why I had you investigated. And now, what I found out doesn't even surprise me. That stupid obsession of yours." Anasthasia touched my face then I didn't expect her next move― she slapped me.

"You ruined my plan. Ngayon, hindi lamang ako ang nakakalam. The entire Corvus too. The truth about our 'fake' marriage. And it's your goddamn fault Hunter." Lumayo si Anasthasia ng ilang hakbang mula sa akin at saka umiling-iling.

"They're planning to get rid of those possible threat. And they're acting fast. The Corvus will sure kill her."

"I won't let them."

"You did this to yourself." Anasthasia frowned before she showed me her back to me and went to the door.

"Be sure to protect your mistress." I heard her say before exiting the room.
Napahawak ako sa aking sintido. Everything will be damn! My head throbbed in pain. Napatingin ako sa kama.

"She's safe. She's here. No one will hurt her." I comforted myself before I lose myself.

I saw her hands move kaya agad akong lumapit sa tabi niya. I held my breath when her eyes fluttered open. Bahagyang kumalabog ang aking puso. It's really hard for me to breathe, seeing Roxanne like this.

"How are you feeling?" I croaked.

But Roxanne only kept staring at me, like she's trying to memorize every angle of my face. Nagulat na lamang ako nang bigla niyang haplusin ang aking pisngi. Marahan iyon na para bang takot siyang bigla na lamang akong maglaho.

"I'm not dreaming. You're here." Ramdam ko ang paninikip ng aking dibdib dahil sa biglang pag-agos ng kanyang luha. I hugged her but she hugged me tighter. My heart shattered when I heard her small sobs.

"Pinapatawad na kita. Sa lahat ng kasalanan mo sakin. Lahat. For approaching me with a purpose when we first met, for lying to me, for hiding the truth about Red's death and for leaving me.. I .. forgive you." She looked up to me, and I was like damn. I'm a goner. She's killing me.

"I'm still inlove with you." Natigilan ako. She dropped her forehead against my shoulder.

"I love you and I care for you. You can't settle for this. I won't let you. I can't. I gave you up because I don't want you to hate yourself." I kissed the side of her head.

"So please. Please don't ruin yourself. Please Rose, just be happy without me. Be happy. Can you do that for me sweetheart?" I touched her cheeks. I tried to brushed her tears away. She can't love me. Masasaktan lamang siya.

She will suffer. I can't let her. I love her so much. I cared for her. She deserves so much more.

She can't stay with me. Or else she'll get hurt. I personally assigned Zu to watch her for me. To protect her.

Thank you for reading.

--

THE CAMPUS MISTRESS MEETS THE PLAYBOY
BY: songjongki19

Vote. Comment. Follow.