Chapter 21

Shout out to moonlight_sky23 for the cover!

Lol, so right as I posted the last chapter, I thought of a name for the video platform Jerome vlogs on. cx

Chapter 21

Nolan

       "What are you watching?" I asked as I sat down beside Jerome, who had a bowl of popcorn on his lap.

       Before Jerome could even answer, Ryder walked out of his bedroom and sighed when he saw me. "Why have you been coming over every single day for the past week?" he asked.

       "Don't you love your little brother anymore?" I asked.

       "I do, but you're here every day."

       "Uh, because my boyfriend lives here," I said. "You're at Mae's house every day."

       "Probably because she's my wife and I actually live with her. You know, with every passing day, you and Jerome get even more confusing. I just don't get half of the things you try to argue against me."

       I shrugged and looked at Jerome's laptop screen which was sitting on the coffee table. "So, what are you watching?"

        "A series of videos called VidGalore's Top Ten," Jerome said. "At the end of every year, they make videos and list people in the top tens like Top Ten Popular Vloggers, Top Ten Most Paid Vloggers, Top Ten Favorite Vloggers."

       "Ooh, sounds interesting," I said.

       "Eh, not really," Jerome said. "There's these two vloggers who are always number one on the list; Dirk and Cheryl. Most paid, most popular, favorite couple. That's the one I'm watching right now. Favorite couple. I'm at number three right now."

       "How do they pick?" I asked.

       "Well, for the ones like most paid and most viewed, they use actually numbers to decide," Jerome said. "And for ones like most favorite and favorite couple, people just state their favorite and they count them all up. And it's either two vloggers who are dating, or a vlogger who constantly shows their significant other."

       "And number two on Top Ten Favorite Couple is Dirk and Cheryl," the person narrating said as a clip from one of Dirk and Cheryl's videos showed on the screen.

       "Ha! Losers," Jerome said before shoving some popcorn in his mouth as the narrator started explaining the relationship between Dirk and Cheryl as well as showing some video clips as them.

       "What? You don't like them?" I asked.

       "Eh, they're okay," Jerome said. "They're really nice to their fans, they're always doing giveaways, and other stuff. There's only one segment they do that annoys me, which is reacting to other vloggers and deciding if they're 'worthy' enough to be a vlogger, just because Dirk is the most paid vlogger."