Chapter 22

Shout out to sarahwrites- for the cover! (i was so wounded when i saw the cover bcuz it's even and isak and i died)

Chapter 22

Jerome

       I was in the mood for cookies. And brownies. And donuts. And basically all the baked goods served at the cafe I worked at. So, Nolan and I left the apartment and walked to the cafe hand in hand. They did make some of the best baked goods ever, and I get a discount for working there so it was a win-win.

       I was really loving all the moments I shared with my boyfriend in public. When we first started dating, he was scared to even go out together. Now, he didn't care if we held hands while walking or if we kissed in public.

       I loved not being afraid to show other people our relationship for the fear of getting bashed because really, if they didn't agree with it, they didn't have to say anything. I personally didn't agree with people wearing crocs, but I wasn't going to bash someone for wearing it.

       Nolan and I got to the cafe and waited in line. While we were waiting, I noticed Nolan staring at something, his eyebrows furrowed. "What is it?" I asked.

       "It's just....those two people look like your parents," he said, so I followed his gaze and what do you know?

       They were my parents.

       "Seriously?" I asked. "They're down here again?"

       "At least they have't tried talking to you yet," Nolan said. "Unless they just got here and are planning on going to the apartment later."

       "Well, this time, I'm not going to answer the door to them," I said. "I'm sick of how they treat me and how they can't get over the fact that I'm gay."

       "Yeah, it must be annoying," Nolan said.

       "Well, I'm just not going to say anything to them," I said. "In fact, I'm not even going to look there way....Are they looking?"

       Nolan shook his head. "Nope. They haven't noticed you yet."

       "Good."

       It wasn't until Nolan and I were at the counter ordering food. I glanced over at them and when I saw them looking at me, I glared at them before looking back at the barista. After receiving our order, I grabbed the paper bag with one hand and Nolan's wrist with the other before pulling him towards the door, but Nolan stopped before we could get outside.

       "What is it?" I asked.

       "Nothing," he said. "You just don't have to pull me outside. I could walk by myself you know."

       "Sorry, but I just want to get away from my parents," I said.

       "Yeah, I know. You want to make them mad?"