Chapter One • September 5th, 2016

*following American school dates because I can't comprehend Japan school dates lol*

••• September 4th, 2016 •••

You sigh as you lay onto your bed. You had a grueling day of unpacking boxes from every room in the house. You moved into this house two days ago. Your first day of school is tomorrow.

"You somehow have mail here, honey." Your mother states as she enters your room. "I don't know who it's from."

After she delivers the letter to you, she sets off back downstairs to most likely unpack more boxes. You straighten up and slash the envelope to get out the contents. You extract them and note there are a couple pages. You tilt your head.

You start reading the first paragraph:

Hey, seventeen year old (l/n) (f/n)!

I know unpacking boxes today and attending to all of Mom's orders was stressful. I'm sure you're beat (Dad too) but I'm asking you to read this letter for me. It will aid in your future. Please don't ever discard this. It is vital you follow these directions.

I'm writing this letter to you, my past self. I'm writing this in your future. Five years into your future to be exact. I hope that you listen to what I have to say. I have many regrets and I am asking if you to please stop them from happening. I don't want you to experience the grief I do everyday. Do right. The regrets are things your future self, me, furiously regret. Please stop yourself from making these same mistakes.

These regrets all revolve around one person. Bokuto Koutarou. Bokuto is going to be a very special friend in your life that I took for granted. You're meeting him your first day tomorrow.

Your goal is to not loose Bokuto Koutarou.

• September 5th, 2016
You are seated next to a boy named Bokuto Koutarou in Class 1. At the end of the day, you request to move seats. I don't want you to make this mistake, please do not move seats.

• September 6th, 2016
Bokuto says something he thinks is funny in class. No one laughs and he feels utterly embarrassed. You felt bad but you didn't do anything. Even though the joke is awful, laugh anyway.

No, this letter is a joke. You decide to stop reading it. How is it even remotely possible to send a letter from the future all the way to your past anyway? What? Are you supposed to believe in parallel universes?

Maybe a neighbor is playing a prank because they think it's funny. It's not. How do they know you're in class one anyway?

••• September 5th, 2016 •••

You enter your classroom with only a couple minutes to spare. You introduce yourself to your teacher and they tell you the lowdown.

"Your seat is next to Bokuto." The teacher states. "Bokuto, raise your hand please."

Your eyes widen. The letter from last night said you were assigned to sit next to him. That whole letter has to be a joke. Somehow, someone at this school knew you were going to be assigned next to him. That's unearthly. Who would do a thing like this?

You shift to face the class and see the boy you are assigned to sit next to with his hand raised, at the teacher's request. Bokuto questions the reason for the action. The teach answers as you take the desk next to him, "So she can find you and sit next to you."

Bokuto interrogates, "Who is she?"

"Since Bokuto has let everyone know we have a new student, I might as well introduce her to all of you." The teacher spoke. "Her name is (l/n) (f/n). (l/n) came here from Nekoma in Tokyo."

Bokuto gasps in surprise and faces you, "Do you know Kuroo?"

"I'm sorry, I don't."

"He is the captain of their volleyball team? ...He has some crazy hair?..." Bokuto explains, trying to remind you of him. "Have you ever seen Nekoma's volleyball team?"

"I have heard of the volleyball team there but I never met them."

"You should have! They're really cool and good! I play volleyba-" Bokuto's sentence is interrupted by the teacher.

"Bokuto, remember what we talked about?"

"Oh, right. Sorry." The smokey haired male apologizes, gathering himself together.

As the school day dragged on, the more you disliked your seat. Bokuto is a talking machine and it didn't help his voice was rather blatant. You don't know how you will survive your seat if you stay here.

The final bell had rang and released all classes for the day. All of the students fled the classroom and all that was left was you and the teacher.

"Do you need something, (l/n)?" The teacher questions you as you are the only one left in the classroom.

"I was wondering if I could possibly change seats? Bokuto-san's just a little much for me to sit next to." You question back as you gather your materials together.

"That's what a lot of people say when they are seated next to him. That's why that seat was available. Let me see where else I can sit you."

You wait in front of the teachers desk as he scans over the seating chart. The letter suddenly dawned on you. It said you would request to change your seat but it asked you not to.

Should you change your mind about it?

No. You should change your seat. If the prankster thinks you're going to fall for their tricks, they're wrong. Ignoring the letter's orders will make them mad. Just don't do what the letter says.

"Okay, I could seat you next to Ganza. It's the last chair in the row against the windows, alright?"

"Yes. Thank you for doing this for me." You smile to him as you exit the classroom.

Hopefully the prankster is around here somewhere in anger because you didn't fall for their plans.