Chapter Nineteen • March 10th, 2017

••• March 10th, 2016 •••

Kaori and yourself begun your relationship on a rotten note because the two of you are competing for Bokuto. Everyone in the gym is aware of this, you didn't even have to tell them, they just knew, all except the boy himself. Foul remarks have continuously flown between the two of you but they were only when the two of you were alone. Recently, neither of you are holding back in front of the others. You're both either passive aggressive or insulting.

"Oh! Kaori! I notice you have a new bag! I think I saw one exactly like it passing a dollar store! Maybe that's where you got it!" You shriek to her with a fake smile.

Kaori defends herself, "I got this bag from Saint Laurent! Your lack of knowledge of high quality craft is why what you wear outside of school uniform is tacky!"

"Your lack of knowledge about make-up is why you don't blend your foundation to your neck. I guess we both have things to work on."

"You have a lot more to work on than your fashion sense!"

"Thanks for the info!" You say warmly. "I think, most of all, you should really work on your personality! It's such a bummer!"

Akaashi tries to break up the fight, "Girls-"

"Bokuto-kun!" Kaori whines. "How can you be friends with her!"

"I think the real question is how he can be friends with you. You sure whine a lot. I think my ears might be bleeding." You say as your knead your ear to go along with it.

"Girls-"

"You should go to the bathroom and care for it then! While you're there you can fix your false eyelashes! They're coming off!"

"Maybe you should come with me then! Your hair looks totally greasy."

"Girls!" Akaashi obstructs, sternly, becoming peeved. "Decide which one of you leave, we're tired of hearing the bickering."

"I can't be here anymore! She infuriates me! I'll leave." Kaori hisses as she storms off. "Goodbye, Bokuto-kun. I'll see you tomorrow. I hope you pick better friends."

"If he has to pick better friends then you'll be the first one to be dropped." You observe her as she departs from the gym. You whirl around to face the team who is staring straight at you. "What?"

"What do you mean what?" Akaashi nags. "You need to stop fighting with her."

You defend yourself, "Most of the time, she starts it!"

"Yeah? Who started it today?"

You remain silent as you know it was you.

Bokuto pleads with a melancholy look etched across his features, "Why do you fight with her? I want you both to be here."

You immediately feel abominable. Now that the two of you have began starting to directly insult each other, Bokuto has noticed. "I can't stand her...b-but I'll try to get along with her...I guess."

When you peek your eyes over to Akaashi, he nods as if to say 'keep your word'. You only assent for the sake of Bokuto. You don't want to be making him upset yet again like you had before. You just can't grasp why she is so vital to him. Does Bokuto like her? Does he hold Kaori's hand like he previously held yours?

The group disbands and begins stretching once the coach comes in. You perch yourself on the bleachers with the managers. You can't help but feel insecure. "Shirofuku-san, why does Bokuto-san like Kaori so much?"