Chapter Twenty One • April 7th, 2017

You reached Bokuto's house.

Bokuto's parents are away for the weekend so Bokuto decided to invite the team over for a random movie night. Tragically, he invited Kaori over too. Bokuto answered the door to see you behind it and he decided to mention, in his words, 'you look nice'. If anyone else would have said this, you would have thanked them and moved on. But, this wasn't just anyone, this was Bokuto. The boy you love. The compliment was bound to send a tinge of blush bustling into your cheeks. You smiled and told him back the same.

You enter the house and note you are the last to arrive. You notice the counter tops. "You and your mom made food? Why didn't you invite me! We could have worn our matching aprons again."

"Oh, yeah! I have the picture you gave me of it in my room."

"Aw, I'll have to see it later." You suggest to the group, "We all have to take a picture together, guys."

Bokuto inquires, "Kaori! Could you take it?"

You do all you can to stiffle your smile from Bokuto's comment, earning yourself a glare from her. Kaori isn't going to be in the photo and Bokuto asked her to take it. Maybe tonight you can make subtle moves on Bokuto to infuriate Kaori. This can be the night to show her who is boss.

•••

You coil the thickset blanket tightly around you and curve yourself into a ball on the couch. You bore your eyes into the television as everyone talks among themselves. Bokuto takes notice of your sleeping position. "You're not going to fall asleep before the movie is over if you lay there, are you? It's only ten o'clock."

"Maybe."

"You can't do that! You have to get up."

Before you could respond to his plea, he hovers above you to loop his arms around your frame and draws your body upward with his immense strength. You promptly clasp the couch cushion into your palms for support to remain in your position so he cannot move you. "Bokuto!"

"We might have to do this the hard way, (l/n)."

A sly grin sparks across your lips, "Try me."

Without warning, the caramel eyed male tugs your toasty cover elsewhere and hovers over your frame, commencing tickling you; a speedy method loosen your grip of the sofa. You set yourself into motion by thrashing around as your blaring laugh fills the room. You attempt to beg him to cease his merciless tickling but your giggling halts any words from leaving. The tickling session came to an abrupt close when your fist accidentally flung upward, striking the poor boy's forehead. "Are you alright?! That was an accident!"

Bokuto remains his position of hovering over you meanwhile cupping where you whacked him. "I'm fine! I'm fine! Damn. I didn't know you could hit that hard."

You smile at his comment as you remove his hand from his forehead. There is no mark on his head, thankfully. Your palm lounges on Bokuto's his cheek as the other sets on top of his head, your thumb gently rubbing where you struck him. You witness blush surface on his face from your actions. You make an impulsive decision to do one of the boldest things you have ever done. You press his head downward for his forehead reach your lips, leaving a soft, swift kiss where you hit him. Bokuto's face is now engulfed in deep red but traces of the same hue sprinkle onto your features too. "Is that better now?"